smmeri99

Old Bay Seasoning?

Rate this topic

Read the ingredients. I think is its just a mix of spices. I thought I looked at this once & it said gluten-free on the container?

I just got my behind up out of this comfy computer chair & trudged downstairs to the kitchen. My Old Bay lists only spices & salt. Doesn't say gluten-free but it is.

I contacted them prior to using it and was told it is gluten-free. McCormick clearly states any gluten on labels. However, this is proof...

http://www.yankeeharvest.com/old_bay_seasoning.html

Thanks guys! I ate something for lunch that i had for dinner lastnight but i have a major stomach ache now. didnt do that to me lastnight. but i was thinking maybe the seasoning but i was pretty sure it was okay now i know for sure it is so now i don't know what caused this tummy ache. :(

Well, there's certainly SOMETHING in it that bothers the heck out of ME!! I have NO idea what it is, but it kills me.

Here's the ingredients:

INGREDIENTS

CELERY SALT (SALT, CELERY SEED), SPICES (INCLUDING MUSTARD, RED PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, BAY [LAUREL] LEAVES, CLOVES, ALLSPICE [PIMENTO], GINGER, MACE, CARDAMOM, CINNAMON) AND PAPRIKA.

PLenty of spices that could bother someone. I know pimento bothers me.