Rate this topic

Has anyone else found that they have lost weight on a gluten free diet?

I have had problems with obesity for some time and for many years was tied to the scales and weighing and counting everything in an attempt to take the pounds off. Sometimes they would shift but they would go back on again and I noticed some time back that on weeks where my diet was predominantly whole grains the weight would refuse to budge completely.

Anyway 2 weeks into my gluten free, whole foods diet and the weight is moving by itself without my having to count, weigh or do large amounts of exercise.

Anyone else find that?

I also have lost weight. I went from 140 to 114 in a years time with no other changes. Just whole organic gluten free foods! I am feeling fantastic! I always used to look 6months pregnant, now I have my flat tummy back!

I also had noticeable weight loss, 93 lbs in a year. I think it comes from just eating better, we were a family of fast food, and now that we eat at home, not only are we healthier, it saves on the money too!

I was into whole organic homecooked foods all along. I was a normal wright but bigger than I'd been when younger. When we started gaps, eliminating all grains and starchy veg, I immediately lost the extra 20lbs and it has stayed off. I'm now the size I was before having kids.

Interestingly, I lost weight both before going gluten-free and now that I'm gluten-free. Huge amounts of weight while eating gluten before getting diagnosed and then now that I'm not eating gluten. Weird. I keep half expecting to gain it all back someday, so I keep all kinds of sizes in my closet :rolleyes:

i lost a bunch (20lbs) the month before my DX, several months later i'm starting to push the 40lb mark. Its a good thing i guess.