<3 range, <5 negative

Gliadin Antibody (IGA)

16 range, <11 negative

Immunoglobulin A

223 range, 81-463

Please help

Thanks

What did your Dr. tell you?

The negative TTG indicates that you do not have celiac, but false negatives are common. I believe TTG can be very high if there is lots of villous damage, but can be negative in true celiacs as well.

The gliadin antibody indicates some sensitivity or antibody production against gluten, but I believe it can also be positive randomly and is a seldomly used as conclusive evidence.

I would speak to your Dr if you are having celiac symptoms and decide what to do there ie biopsy or just give the gluten free diet a really good try and see if you feel better.

Good luck!

my general doctor told me i had celiac disease and to go on a gluten free diet....that was a month ago....I have an appt with a gastro a week from today and very curious as to what he says......gluten free has helped alot, yet there are some days i feel like i am regressing....its like 3 steps forward and 2 steps back

and if he wants you to have a biopsy, it might turn up negative due to being off of it for a month (went threw the same thing)

Hello

One month is not very long....I would definitely give it some time...I have been at this a year and still have stupid neuro problems that come and go but am much better..It takes us a long tmie to get this sick so it can take some time to feel better...

yes, and the fact that i was so much better (main symptom was chronic diarrhea and nasty bowel movements), until yesterday, i ate a 10 oz bag of cashews and my tummy is not happy today :(

thanks for all the great info

this is just very frustrating for me

yes, and the fact that i was so much better (main symptom was chronic diarrhea and nasty bowel movements), until yesterday, i ate a 10 oz bag of cashews and my tummy is not happy today :(

thanks for all the great info

this is just very frustrating for me

you may still have some trouble digesting fat, cashews have a lot of fat in them.

As well, they may be contaminated if they are processed on lines that also contain wheat...Hard to tell and not everyone is that sensitive.

my general doctor told me i had celiac disease and to go on a gluten free diet....that was a month ago....I have an appt with a gastro a week from today and very curious as to what he says......gluten free has helped alot, yet there are some days i feel like i am regressing....its like 3 steps forward and 2 steps back

Ask your doctor if that's the old gliadin test or the new deamidated gliadin. If it's the new one (probably) you are celiac. It's more sensitive than TTG.

As for how you're feeling, a month isn't long gluten-free. It can take as long as a couple years to heal if damage is severe. Also, go off dairy and see if it helps. A lot of newly diagnosed celiacs are sensitive to it.

• Upvote 1