Nen

Popping Aching Joints

Rate this topic

Anyone else have joints that not only ache sometimes, but also pop more easily and frequently (even if not aching). I can't figure what to make of this, I feel like a creaking popping old person. I did have a test to rule out Rheumatoid arthritis.

Anyone else have joints that not only ache sometimes, but also pop more easily and frequently (even if not aching). I can't figure what to make of this, I feel like a creaking popping old person. I did have a test to rule out Rheumatoid arthritis.

One thing to consider : are your aching joints in any way related to your consumption of nightshades??

Potatoes can be inflammatory to your joints.

One thing to consider : are your aching joints in any way related to your consumption of nightshades??

Potatoes can be inflammatory to your joints.

It has been a long time since I've eaten a potato. I can't remember the last time I ate one. I did however have french fries today, but that is also a pretty rare occurrence (maybe a total of 4 times this whole year).

I'm so glad you posted this! I am still waiting on my Celiac panel, but am eating gluten-free anyway. I have been noticing this symptom for probably the past year, (or close to it), even more so in the past couple months. I was wondering what it was all about, but I figured it went along with my "fibromyalgia-like" issues with the muscle and tendon pain/aches. This very well could be from Celiac!

I get this when I have milk or cheese. Joint pain can be linked to dairy. My knees pop when I walk up or own stairs if I have had gluten or dairy.

I get this when I have milk or cheese. Joint pain can be linked to dairy. My knees pop when I walk up or own stairs if I have had gluten or dairy.

Thanks for the information! I started gluten-free yesterday and am cutting out all dairy now as well. : )

I have had lots of popping in my joints, particularly my wrists and fingers, since junior high. I'm waiting on Celiac results but was also wondering if it is somehow related. Curious! I wonder if going gluten free will help...

I'm so glad you posted this! I am still waiting on my Celiac panel, but am eating gluten-free anyway. I have been noticing this symptom for probably the past year, (or close to it), even more so in the past couple months. I was wondering what it was all about, but I figured it went along with my "fibromyalgia-like" issues with the muscle and tendon pain/aches. This very well could be from Celiac!

Just a note of caution: you should continue eating gluten until all the celiac testing you wish to have is completed, otherwise you can skew the results toward negative. Gluten needs to be present for the antibodies in blood work and to create the inflammation/damage in the small intested which is measured by the endoscopy/biopsy. If you have positive blood work they are likely to order this test.

• Upvote 1

I used to get lots of cracking and popping in my ankles, knees, and wrists. Also, my toes and fingers, but not to the same extent.

Since going gluten free, my joints don't pop nearly as often (actualy, it happens very rarely now). I have significantly reduced my dairy intake as well, so I'm not sure if it's from gluten or dairy, but I can say that if I do have some dairy (ice cream, milk, whatever), I don't get popping joints. If I get glutened, I think they tend to pop more - I'll pay better attention from now on.

Strange thing.