jerseygirl221

Hi My Name Is Gina........

Rate this topic

and I have Celiac Disease! I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago. I look forward to meeting many new people on here who can support me on my journey. I live in Burlington County NJ. I am 36 and I have 2 children-ages 9 & 11 who have not been tested yet.

and I have Celiac Disease! I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago. I look forward to meeting many new people on here who can support me on my journey. I live in Burlington County NJ. I am 36 and I have 2 children-ages 9 & 11 who have not been tested yet.

Glad to have you join our elite club, Gina! Well, sort of. :huh: At first this celiac stuff can be overwhelming but eventually it becomes second nature. I was diagnosed in February and it took nearly two months to really get my mind wrapped around it. Already my numbers are negative (they were overwhelmingly positive) and I am on my way to healing! So, hang in there. It truly CAN be done! :)

Hi Gina! Congratulations on your diagnosis. I'm new to the forum too. I'm not yet diagnosed, but am in the process. Regardless of my results, I'll be sticking around because I can't imagine living like this for any longer. I'm a Mum too, I have 4 children :) Looking forward to seeing you around!

Nice to meet you both, I am new to the forum, diagnosed with Celiac since June 2011. I am a mother with three, two still at home ages 8 and 13...I have a concern right now, I have been gluten free since July however I continue to break out with rashes on my back, stomach, and leg, what else could it be? I am dairy free and sugar free nonetheless I do eat a variety of fruit daily.

Nice to meet you both, I am new to the forum, diagnosed with Celiac since June 2011. I am a mother with three, two still at home ages 8 and 13...I have a concern right now, I have been gluten free since July however I continue to break out with rashes on my back, stomach, and leg, what else could it be? I am dairy free and sugar free nonetheless I do eat a variety of fruit daily.

Well, if you're celiac it's probably Dermatitis herpetiformis.

There's a whole section on this board about it. In short, the Iga antibodies get in your skin and the sores/rash are an external expression of your gluten intolerance. If you want to test the rash and see if it acts like DH, go on a low-iodine diet in addition to the gluten-free diet. You can find a lot of info about a low-iodine on the thyca website (for people going through thyroid irradiation - diet advice works for everyone).

Well, if you're celiac it's probably Dermatitis herpetiformis.

There's a whole section on this board about it. In short, the Iga antibodies get in your skin and the sores/rash are an external expression of your gluten intolerance. If you want to test the rash and see if it acts like DH, go on a low-iodine diet in addition to the gluten-free diet. You can find a lot of info about a low-iodine on the thyca website (for people going through thyroid irradiation - diet advice works for everyone).

Thank you, I will look into that....