BizzyBee62

Question On Enterolab Testing

Rate this topic

Hi, I'am new here I just have a couple of questions about testing for Celiac's.

I have had all the symptom's of Celiac's disease for years and have been tested both blood and biopsy with negative results on both. The most recent blood test came back negative once again but my doctor suggested that I go on a gluten free diet to see if it was any benefit to me. I have been gluten free for 11 days and it has been absolutely the most wonderful experience for me! I have had chronic diarrhea for the past 10 years, severe bloating and pain, problems with malabsorbtion which has led to sever vitamin deficiencies, and severe heartburn..this is just to name a few of the symptoms. Today I'am symptom free thanks to eating gluten free, the difference is like night and day and I can't tell you how incredibly happy I'am to be feeling normal again and not feel trapped by having to only go places where there is a 'good' bathroom!! This has been truly a blessing and I will be eating this way for the rest of my life.

I would really like to find out if I have a gluten allergy or Celiac's disease and I read about Enterolab and the testing that it does for Celiac's. I would really like to know if anyone has used their lab and how it went for them....I appreciate any information:)

Thankyou for reading and I'am so greatful to have found a community for this.

Blessing,

Jodl

Hi, I'am new here I just have a couple of questions about testing for Celiac's.

I have had all the symptom's of Celiac's disease for years and have been tested both blood and biopsy with negative results on both. The most recent blood test came back negative once again but my doctor suggested that I go on a gluten free diet to see if it was any benefit to me. I have been gluten free for 11 days and it has been absolutely the most wonderful experience for me! I have had chronic diarrhea for the past 10 years, severe bloating and pain, problems with malabsorbtion which has led to sever vitamin deficiencies, and severe heartburn..this is just to name a few of the symptoms. Today I'am symptom free thanks to eating gluten free, the difference is like night and day and I can't tell you how incredibly happy I'am to be feeling normal again and not feel trapped by having to only go places where there is a 'good' bathroom!! This has been truly a blessing and I will be eating this way for the rest of my life.

I would really like to find out if I have a gluten allergy or Celiac's disease and I read about Enterolab and the testing that it does for Celiac's. I would really like to know if anyone has used their lab and how it went for them....I appreciate any information:)

Thankyou for reading and I'am so greatful to have found a community for this.

Blessing,

Jodl

Hi and so glad you found us.

Many people here have used Enterolab, and many times it can be another piece of the puzzle. However, Enterolab cannot diagnose Celiac Disease. They do test for a

variety of sensitivities.

Personally, I'm a bit skeptical of Enterolabs, but there are those here who were quite pleased with their experience.

• Upvote 1

We used Enterolab to test our two boys. The info was very helpful because we had no idea if celiac could even be a possibility. Keep in mind that the majority of people with the celiac gene do no develop the disease, so a positive genetic test doesn't confirm a celiac diagnosis. A negative genetic test indicates that it's unlikely that celiac disease is present.

Keepin mind that I tried to use Enterolab 9 months ago... When they found out I lived in Maryland, I was informed it was one of two States they couldn't do business in...

The ONLY accurate and reliable test for gluten intolerance is exactly what you have done, eliminating gluten from your diet and feeling better.

An Enterolab anti-gliadin test will almost certainly come out positive, because it does in a huge percentage of people with stomach problems. The inflammation from eating gluten tends to make you develop a few antibodies. Thing is, you already know you can't tolerate gluten so fecal anti-gliadin tells you nothing new. If you get the Enterolab anti-TTG and it comes back positive it's suggestive of celiac but still not a validated diagnostic test. It's an awful lot of money to spend for not much more information than you already have.

As Stacey mentions, you might want to pursue genetic testing, preferably though your doctor and insurance. It can give you an idea of whether you are more likely dealing with gluten intolerance or whether you have two high-risk genes and might be looking at incorrect celiac tests.