birdie22

Could This Be A Gluten Reaction?

Rate this topic

If you've followed any of my other posts, I'm ttg iga neg and trialing an elim diet. I've been gluten-free for a few weeks (or at least trying my very best). I have a follow up with my GP in 2wks and want further testing (gliadin on your recommendations) so I'm reintro'ing gluten. For a snack today I had a few pieces of ak-mak sesame cracker and w/in a about 20 mins my heartburn was back pretty strongly (hasn't gone away completely on gluten-free but was much improved), and I started feeling lightheaded-ish/dizzy-ish. I wouldn't call it foggy brain because I can think clearly, but felt a weird tired and dizzy feeling behind my eyes, almost like a flurry of activity going on in my brain. Like I wanted to put my head down on my desk for a while and rest. My body however felt fine. My heart also felt like it was racing. No bloating (which has been my major symptom I'm trying to ID the cause of). Gluten reaction? The ak-mak is just wheat, honey, sesame oil, yeast, and salt.

I've continued my gluten reintro and notice each time the dizzy feeling. I've come to realize it feels similar to the buzz I get when drinking alcohol. Not drunk, still thinking clearly, but almost hyperactive like my brain is racing.

interesting...my son is back on gluten so he can get an endoscopy in December. His original symptoms came back (muscle pain and canker sores) but now he's complaining of feeling dizzy. I figured it was from the gluten issues. Sucks.

interesting...my son is back on gluten so he can get an endoscopy in December. His original symptoms came back (muscle pain and canker sores) but now he's complaining of feeling dizzy. I figured it was from the gluten issues. Sucks.

Sorry to hear that. The dizzy feeling is so hard to explain. It's almost like a noise or activity that I just want to turn off. The only good part thus far is that it seems to only last about an hour after eating gluten and then quiets back down.

I've continued my gluten reintro and notice each time the dizzy feeling. I've come to realize it feels similar to the buzz I get when drinking alcohol. Not drunk, still thinking clearly, but almost hyperactive like my brain is racing.

Yes, this is what I get but I will normally get the dizziness about 24 hours after I have consumed gluten and then it last for 3 weeks. It does feel like I have been drinking as far as the balance is concerned. I had terrible burning in my stomach from gluten. Doc put me on Nexium which helped alot. The burning is acid in the stomach so you will need to protect your stomach or it can do a great deal of damage.

It could be a gluten reaction. There are a lot on here that get neuro issues. For me I don't get those kinds of reactions, but I am moody as heck for a good week or more after a gluten exposure. My husband relates it to Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. :P I definatly think you are on the right track in discovering that you have a gluten issue.