This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Panera

quincy

quincy Contributor

Panera apparently has pulled their allergens menu. I went there yesterday and asked to see and was told there was no such thing.

spoke to the asst manager who told me I was confusing them with another restaurant. Finally after giving up and ordering a 2 dollar soda instead, another manager admitted that they used to have one but they pulled it due to inaccuracies.

anyone up on this issue?

also, am I crazy to even considering eating at a place called Panera BREAD?! I have had their salads before and don't seem to react badly, but maybe

I am being glutened quietly from cc?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

About 2 years ago, I got an email reply from them. They listed some things without gluten ingredients. They also said that, if its a store that does the mixing - not just the baking (some stores mix the dough for others to bake)Flour is everywhere. He suggested it might not be good for me to even get coffee.

krystynycole Contributor

I have heard the samething. Its really just such a high risk of cc due to all the bread products and the flour in the air that it just is not in their best interest for them to say it's gluten free.

The Panera by my house has a book that lists ingredients for each item on the list along with all the nutrition info similar to what would be on the label of a package. You could ask to see the ingredients for it, I usually due because I have a couple allergies and it's just easier for me to check. Just an idea if you really still want to eat there. I choose not too because of the high risk of cc.

quincy Contributor

I have heard the samething. Its really just such a high risk of cc due to all the bread products and the flour in the air that it just is not in their best interest for them to say it's gluten free.

The Panera by my house has a book that lists ingredients for each item on the list along with all the nutrition info similar to what would be on the label of a package. You could ask to see the ingredients for it, I usually due because I have a couple allergies and it's just easier for me to check. Just an idea if you really still want to eat there. I choose not too because of the high risk of cc.

thanks great info. will have to find out if my store does the mixing as well. I will also go in the back and see how the food line dishes out the salad ingredients. if they use the gloved hands that they have been handling all the bread then I am a no-show from now on.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

I'd be terrified to eat there!

Lisa Mentor

I eat there quite frequently. Carefully, but frequently. But, then I'm not all that sensitive. :P

Celtic Queen Explorer

I've eaten there twice and haven't had a problem. Both times I had one of their salads. But I'm not a super sensitive.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pshifrin Apprentice

I've eaten there twice and haven't had a problem. Both times I had one of their salads. But I'm not a super sensitive.

Thinking backing Panera would always seriously mess me up and I didn't know why (before My gluten-free diagnosis 2 years ago). The ONLY thing I have and will eat there subsequently are their smoothies. You can watch them being made with just stony field yogurt, fruit mix and ice.

Archived