AndreaMarie

Help! Has Anyone Had These Symptoms?

Rate this topic

I'm hoping someone can help, I feel so sick and nothing seems to make it better.

Some of these symptoms I have had before but for the past month and a half it's increased, now it's daily. It all seemed to get worse after taking predisone and augmentum for a sinus infection, and stuffy ears... Which I've suffered from since high school. I had taken both in combination before but this time I had an allergic reaction to augmentum which included 6 days of diarhea. Then they put me on biactin. My stomach has been increasingly worse since and for the past 2 going on 3 weeks every single time I eat I get sick. Here are my symptoms:

Nauseau

Vomiting frothy white foam

Feeling like I have an air bubble stuck in my esophagus

Shooting pain in my back as soon as I eat, which stays for hours and is extremely painful. Usually in mid back, or between shoulder blades. Also ache in lower back, feels like my muscles are trying to suffocate me. Sometimes this also happens in my stomach muscles and it feels like I am being sat on. Hurts to breath and can't take deep breaths

Severe migraine like headaches as soon as I eat, it's like I can feel the pain go up my spine to my head. Nothing relieves the headaches. They are gone in the morning but as soon as I eat the return.

Pain in my stomach like cramping or burning and pressure, it's hard to tell but very uncomfortable. Radiates through to my lower abdomen. Feels like toxins are filling my entire abdominal cavity. It feels like pressure but my stomach does not look swollen.

I've lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks, I just look boney

The pain in my stomach slowly morphs into the kind of pain you get when you get really really hungry as if I haven't eaten in a week and my stomach feels like it's eating itself.

It makes me want to gorge so that pain stops but then when I eat I get a different pain.

I also often feel dizzy, shaky. And my limbs feel heavy and weak. I've lost strength

my bm are also unpredictable I'll go days without any than have diarhea, or have days when it's relatively normal but has mucus in it, or days when it seems pale. My abdomen is sensitive to touch too.

I went to the er last week on Tuesday. They told me I had a uti/kidney infection, though I had no obvious symptoms, they just saw the bacteria in my urine. I They put me on cipro. 2 days later the pain had only gotten worse. Went back to er. They had no clue. Said blood work was normal and only remnants of infection left. Suggested I see a GI.

The GI said they didn't have any opening till Jan but asked me my symptoms then fit me on for tomorrow. I'm scared I dont know what's wrong with me. My stomach seems to react the same no matter how mild the food is I put in it. I'm cranky and irritable and weak and frustrated.

It seems weird to have all this medical stuff go on t once. I asked an er doc if it could be all related bit he said no way. I feel like it has to be. I've never even had a uti before and now with all this I get one. Everything I eat I literally feel like I am poisoning my whole body. Can celiac do all this to you? Could that be the connection w all of this?

Yea it could all be connected. Good Luck at the Dr. B)

Make sure that he runs a celiac blood panel on you!

Definately ask for the blood tests for celiac. You probably would benefit from a good probiotic to replace the good bacteria that the antibiotics killed off.

I just had my visit with the GI. I went through all my symptoms with the first doctor. Then another doctor came in and was like well most likely you have IBS because it's very common in women your age (29) and since I've had these symptoms all my life. I reminded him, though I did often vomit as a child, these symptoms have def had an acute onset (since antibiotics 6 wks ago) and have progressively gotten worse. And he said well IbS is the only thing that can cause both constipation and diarhea. I said would that also explain the headaches, knife stabbing pain on btw my shoulder blades that comes on directly after eating? He said well everyone has different symptoms. I reminded him I also had a uti/ kidney infection last week. He said probably just a coincidence. I felt like he was only focusing on the abdominal symptoms, age, and gender. And not really looking at the whole thing. I asked about gall stones he told me I was top young. I know this is not just IBS I feel like I'm poisoning myself everytime I eat. I feel like there are toxins spreading throughput my abdomen , and every skeletal muscle in my body. I don't feel like I'm being take seriously. Regardless they are running a celiac panel, thyroid screening, and h pylori. And I have an endoscopy next wk. Ibs just doesn't seem to fit all my symptoms, does ibs come on suddenly and make your whole body hurt even when you just eat something as simple as plain whole wheat bread?

Also I'm really worried about a lump that is very painful on the back outer side of my lower leg bone about two inches below tge knee. I rubbed it a little yesterday trying to feel how big it was, it was very painful to touch and now it really really hurts to walk. I did mention this to the GI just in case it might be related, but he was like Um let's focus on ur stomach. Has anyone had anything like this?

I felt like he was only focusing on the abdominal symptoms, age, and gender. And not really looking at the whole thing.

This is one thing I hate about American convential medicine. This need to focus on one thing and not take the entire body into account. I think this is also one of the reasons why Celiac and Gluten Intolerance are so hard to diagnose. They affect more than just one part of the body.

And he said well IbS is the only thing that can cause both constipation and diarhea

Well, I can tell you from my personal experience that Celiac can cause both.

I know this is not just IBS I feel like I'm poisoning myself everytime I eat. I feel like there are toxins spreading throughput my abdomen , and every skeletal muscle in my body.

Trust your instincts. You know your body better than any doctor. Unfortunately, since you're having your endo next week, you'll need to stay on gluten until that's done so you don't mess up your test results. After that, try the diet and see if it helps. After all, what do you have to lose. All you have to do is change your food for a little bit.

Hurray for you, for sticking to your guns and getting the testing ordered. Major achievement :) No, I'm pretty sure it's not IBS ;)

One last thing, the GI put me on amitriptyline for the "IBS" , it's an antidepressant I guess but I guess used to treat ibs, he put me on 10mg. I reminded him I take 15mg daily of lexapro for anxiety and if I should worry about a drug interaction. He said no. But I looked it up on line and it said major drug interactions, and can cause serotonin syndrome. Any thoughts? I'm really not rusting thus guy!!!

One last thing, the GI put me on amitriptyline for the "IBS" , it's an antidepressant I guess but I guess used to treat ibs, he put me on 10mg. I reminded him I take 15mg daily of lexapro for anxiety and if I should worry about a drug interaction. He said no. But I looked it up on line and it said major drug interactions, and can cause serotonin syndrome. Any thoughts? I'm really not rusting thus guy!!!

Again, good for you for looking it up. It is a good idea, too, to get all your prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy - that way the pharmacy can check for drug interactions too. I think I might be inclined to wait for my results and take them some place else, if he wouldn't even check for drug interactions when you raised the subject.

I asked about gall stones he told me I was top young.

You are NOT too young for gallstones. I had my gallbladder removed in June (28 years old at the time) and had 20 gallstones. You could have gallstones and your doctor should have sent you to get an ultrasound. My GI said that no doctor is supposed to diagnose IBS until everything else is ruled out. He immediately sent me to get the ultrasound, put me on heartburn meds to see if the pain went away and set up an upper endoscope (that was canceled since I was getting surgery) before he'd say it's IBS. I must admit that he did say that it probably was IBS and he didn't think it was gallstones or anything else, but the tests are what prove things, not a doctor's thoughts. It was gallstones. I seriously can't stand doctors like this. It's so frustrating!

Good luck and I hope you find a new doctor that actually knows what he or she is talking about and doesn't just go by his or her feelings.