bobbijo

The Diet Is Working!

Rate this topic

Just thought I would pop in and let everyone know that after months and months (actually a year) of trying to figure out what is going on with our daughter, we have finally figured it out. All of her blood testing was negative, but after my husband was recently diagnosed with celiac disease, we decided to retest our girls. Both were negative, but the doctor suggested we try the gluten free diet anyway....I don't think she believed gluten was the cause, but it's been two months now and she hasn't had any problems with acid reflux OR stomach aches!!!! Also, the girl who couldn't handle dairy has been able to eat dairy! Every. Single. Day! I can't wait to share the news with her pediatrician when we go back in, but I'm now 100% confident that gluten was our problem! Anyway, if testing is negative and you continue to have problems, try the diet!

That's wonderful! Here's to feeling better! :D

That's great news! So happy for you all and thanks for letting us know as it gives hope to others whose children might also test negative that yes gluten can still be an issue. Sounds like you have a great doctor.

Fantastic! Every time I hear that someone is feeling better by trying the gluten-free diet (in spite of NEG testing) I am overjoyed that they have found an answer to long-standing health problems.

Your doctor is one of the "enlightened ones".