loobylou

Could My Son Be Celiac?

Rate this topic

Hi, I have a 4 year ols son who has a few problems and someone has said this could be celiac disease, just wondered what anyone else thought?

List of his symptoms:

Pain passing stools

Blood on toilet paper

Complaining of tumm ache esp after eating

Pain in his legs Mostly his shins

Complains often of 'fizzy' feet

Often seems tired

Very irritable, cries often

lack of concentration and listening skills

Very gassy!!!

Hi, I have a 4 year ols son who has a few problems and someone has said this could be celiac disease, just wondered what anyone else thought?

List of his symptoms:

Pain passing stools

Blood on toilet paper

Complaining of tumm ache esp after eating

Pain in his legs Mostly his shins

Complains often of 'fizzy' feet

Often seems tired

Very irritable, cries often

lack of concentration and listening skills

Very gassy!!!

Yes, possibly. But you have offered minimum information. Do you have a family history (or you as parents) of intestinal disorders or other autoimmune diseases in your collective families?

• Upvote 1

I'm in the process of being tested, and am far from being knowledgable in this area, but your son sounds a bit like me as a kid. I remember having stomach aches even then, after many meals, and the doctor saying I was one of those people who just got a stomach ache after they ate... Constipation happened a lot and I remember crying on the toilet when things would get painful. I didn't get a noticeable hemorrhoid until my late teens but it sounds like your little guy has one from straining...

As I said, I don't know a lot about this, but celiac might be something to look into. Best wishes.

Nicole S

Yes, possibly. But you have offered minimum information. Do you have a family history (or you as parents) of intestinal disorders or other autoimmune diseases in your collective families?

Hi, both myself and my dad have issues of bloating, painful abdomans with bouts of constipation and/or diarrhoea. My dad has had also lost lots of weight and had endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound and barium meal but docs said they couldnt find anything. Consequently I never bothered to go to docs with mine!! We both find that it can lay dormant for a few months then we have a lot of bouts in quick succession.

My husbands aunt is Lactose intolerant as was this son when he was younger but they said that he had grown out of that and he now has dairy in his diet.

Oh, I am glad he has you to help him. I hope you can help him grow up content.

Diana

Thank you

I'm in the process of being tested, and am far from being knowledgable in this area, but your son sounds a bit like me as a kid. I remember having stomach aches even then, after many meals, and the doctor saying I was one of those people who just got a stomach ache after they ate... Constipation happened a lot and I remember crying on the toilet when things would get painful. I didn't get a noticeable hemorrhoid until my late teens but it sounds like your little guy has one from straining...

As I said, I don't know a lot about this, but celiac might be something to look into. Best wishes.

Nicole S

Thank you. have booked a trip to the docs so will see what they say