MoMof2Boyz

Dgp Igg Quick Question

Rate this topic

does a negative DGP IgG indicate no celiac? all IgA tests are negative but a low total serum IgA which I know means a false negative on the IgA tests but what about the DGP IgG?

thanks!

does a negative DGP IgG indicate no celiac? all IgA tests are negative but a low total serum IgA which I know means a false negative on the IgA tests but what about the DGP IgG?

thanks!

Sorry to answer a question with a question, did they do any other IgG tests?

A doctor might interpret a negative DGP IgG as no celiac, but as you've probably gleaned from reading around here, false negatives can be common.

Off to read some of your other posts...I don't recall the background info. :unsure:

Ahhh...okay, just saw the test results. As mushroom mentioned in one of your threads, you should ask the doc to run the EMA-IgG and the TtG IgG. There was not enough testing to really rule it out, given the IgA deficiency. All the tests but one were IgA tests and are meaningless.

There are some around here who only had one positive test, the TtG IgG, yet they did have celiac and is showed on their biopsy. I was one whose only positive test was TtG IgG. I'm not biopsy diagnosed, but my doc decided to call it celiac given my symptoms and relief off gluten.

Try to get those other two tests done.

Edited by beachbirdie

thanks!

False negatives are possible on all celiac blood tests, particularly in kids. DGP has 90% sensitivity at best so 1 in 10 celiacs will be missed. Celiac is less likely with negative DGP IgG, and low total IgA will not affect the results.

there is no EMA-IgG.

The endomysium test isa manual test where they look for IgA deposits under an electron microscope

there is no EMA-IgG.

The endomysium test isa manual test where they look for IgA deposits under an electron microscope

I think you have anti-EMA confused with the dermatitis herpetiformis biopsy, Nora. Anti-EMA is an immunofluorescence assay done with standard fluorescence microscopy. The patient's serum is reacted with monkey esophagus at varying titers and then stained with a fluorescent secondary antibody. It can test for either IgG or IgA depending on which secondary antibody is used.

ok, but I have not seen anyone reporting of having had thenEMA IgG done, and someone posted here some years ago there is no EMA IgG, just IgA so I thought so it was

sometimes they call the tissue transglutamiase test for EMA (maybe because several years ago the EMA was more known than the then new Ttg test) I have seen that sometimes