heathenly

After Testing, Did Dr. Make You Come Back In For Results?

Rate this topic

Because my doctor, right after my endoscopy last Friday, had me call in to make an appointment for two weeks out. I'm guessing to go over my results? Is this just another co-pay grab? Is there something I don't know?

I think this is a standard process with a lot of doctors. A good doctor will want to discuss the findings of your tests with you and what other tests or procedures you may need and what needs to be done with the findings. IMHO this is better than the docs that simply send a note and leave you hanging.

Since your testing is done you can now start the diet and let your doctor know if it is helping your problems on that return visit.

I agree with Raven. The biopsies are sent to the lab for a pathologist to examine them so it takes a bit of time to get the results back. It's normal to have a follow-up appt. with your GI to discuss the results. Also, make sure you pick up copies of the results, something I always do even when I just have lab work done.

Since you've already had the endoscopy, you can go gluten-free now without waiting for your next appt.

I haven't eaten gluten since the night before the endoscopy!

Good to know! Guess I'll see the dr in a week, then.

yep...ours did the same thing. You'd think when you pay for the tests that the results would be included! I had to drive 3 1/2 hours to get them! The nurse did call and tell me to go gluten-free but the actually results and what to do, I had to go in.

Yikes. I'd make them call me, for that kind of drive.