123glldd

Foood..going To A Ren Faire

Rate this topic

We're hoping to get to the local Renaissance Faire this weekend but we'd be spending quite a while there. What do you recommend we do for food? trail mixy type stuff isn't going to cut it..we'll be walking around a lot and probably will be dying for food. Real good food....any thoughts? Most gluten free stuff is frozen and i'm not eating much variety at the moment and re-introducing stuff one thing at a time.

Our's has turkey legs so my daughter and I get that. I think our meal last weekend was a huge turkey leg and dill pickles. But honestly that was the only thing there we felt like we could eat. I'd pack nuts and cut up veggies I guess? Oh...there are caramel apples, but we can't do dairy or corn syrup so those are off the table for us, but perhaps okay for you?

Typically what I do is eat a huge meal before I go. We're seeing a baseball game tonight and I just ate a huge dinner (at 4pm) so I can hopefully get through the game without too much hunger. I'll pack nuts and veggies. So, that's one thing I've learned to do over the past couple of years.

Oh, and back to the Ren Fest. At our's we can leave and reenter so perhaps food in a cooler left in the car, where you can leave the fair, have a safe meal (rice and beans, or soup in a thermos...gluten free sandwich) and then re-enter.

When I've gone in the past, I've eaten the fruit (served usually in half a cantaloupe) as well as the frozen desserts (again, fruit-based ones).

I used to go to King Richard's Faire on Cape Cod. I LOVED it! We went every year. The jousting matches were my favorite part. ("KILL, KILL, HATE, HATE, MURDER, MURDER, MUTILATE!!")

But they would not let anyone bring in food from outside at all. I don't know if they've changed their policy though. It's been years since I've been.

I throw in a tote bag things like tuna & crackers or cheese, nuts, fruit or even a sandwich. I have a small thermos (snack size) that is good for (very mild for me!) chili or other warm food. I also have a leter from my doctor that states I have celiac and must eat gluten-free in case I am ever stopped but have only needed it once.