1desperateladysaved

Auto-Immune Disease:

Rate this topic

Are auto immune diseases associated with Celiac? Does Celiac cause Auto-immune diseases? Does anything else cause auto-immune disease?

Does anyone have or know about IGG 4? I hope that I did not have it and I didn't have it. I was telling a friend about my IGG testing and she was concerned I had what her son has. Does it have anything to do with IGG antibody tests?

Any information would be appreciated.

Diana

And there is a tendency to develop other autoimmune diseases if you have untreated celiac disease, hence my psoriatic arthritis.

I presume you were worried about your pancreas with the IgG4 test?

Have you tried avoiding A1 milk? From what I've read and seen around the place it appears that the BCM7 protein fragment (peptide) might actually be key to a host of autoimmune diseases including celiac. Yes, gluten is the trigger for celiac, but maybe not the cause??

I read that celiac can trigger other AI's into activity in those poeple who are predisposed to having them. The constant state of inflammation places a great a deal of stress on our bodies and adreanl gland, and that can kick other diseases into gear.

I am fairly certain I had untreated celiac my entire life. I developed ITP in my late teens as well as (I believe) Hashimoto's (which was recently diagnosed). I think there's a chance it also kick started Lupus in my 20's, but that is not yet certain. There is definitely a link to other AI's. :(

I'm afraid I don't know about IGG 4. Good luck.

Thanks,

I am happy to report that it isn't I that was tested or has IGG4. My chiro did tell me she felt I had atleast 1 auto immune, but didn't put a name on it.

A friend was dying a year ago. He somehow recovered; One year later he was hospitalized again. He recovered. He tried avoiding gluten for a while, but felt no difference.

I still don't understand all that.

Diana

There's a very eye-opening documentary that's posted in the Publication/publicity subforum. It's about current genetically modified foods that are modified to either have pesticides in them or to manage to stay alive when pesitcides we would otherwise never use, are applied. There's all sorts of data that show these crops should never have made it out of testing, yet they're in full force in the American food supply. Probaby the Canadian one too. And we're not talking about causing cancer if you eat it for 5+ years everyday or something. We're talking about in a few months animals die.

http://geneticroulettemovie.com/

It's also up in full on youtube.

It is very compelling to me as an explanation as to why so many celiac's have problems with soy and corn, seeing as we already have other intestinal damage.

There's a very eye-opening documentary that's posted in the Publication/publicity subforum. It's about current genetically modified foods that are modified to either have pesticides in them or to manage to stay alive when pesitcides we would otherwise never use, are applied. There's all sorts of data that show these crops should never have made it out of testing, yet they're in full force in the American food supply. Probaby the Canadian one too. And we're not talking about causing cancer if you eat it for 5+ years everyday or something. We're talking about in a few months animals die.

http://geneticroulettemovie.com/

It's also up in full on youtube.

It is very compelling to me as an explanation as to why so many celiac's have problems with soy and corn, seeing as we already have other intestinal damage.

I grow, eat, and recommend organic foods. Maybe I am here because I have for nearly 20 years!