15 replies to this topic

#16 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:57 AM

;) we humans are so stubborn--i was telling a girl at work that her mom should get tested for celiacs--the mom has fibermyalgia and the daughter talks about how her mom has trouble with her meds and such, so i told her about celiacs--she went straight to her mom and told her--mom said, "could be true, but, i will live with the fibermyalgia before i will give up my food!" :rolleyes: yet, this same woman called her sister, who suffers also, and told her that she should get tested for celiacs--SOOOO, she believes me, but thinks gluten-free is too big a sacrifice <_< ---my own daughter is just as bad--she tells me she will never give up her pizza or chicken fingers and i tell her, she doesnt have too, she just has to learn to make them gluten-free------i would love to see a follow up on this mom and her kids at the beginning of this thread--i know as a mother, sometimes i feel so guilty for sharing diseases with my children :( , even though it is not my fault to begin with :unsure:
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: