This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Waiting Stinks.

NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald Apprentice

Warning: somewhat irrational, kinda childish, mini vent forthcoming. Read at own risk. (Lol)

I've started back eating gluten, going for at least 2 pc of bread a day, while waiting for my GI appt (initial consult). Five days in and I'm in a funky place...the appt is still 3 wks away (well, 19 days, 13hrs, 28 min...but who's countin?) and I just wish I had a magic time portal that would whisk me away to May 17. My brain is foggy, I'm weak, I cant keep a thought in head, my stomach aches, my belly is distended, I could out fart my husband, (after a night of beer, nachos, and bean dip,) all I want to do is sleep. The tragic part is, I'm so afraid the GI will dismiss me, no endo, no additional testing, no answers...and then I'll be backto square one. Either way, more waiting and more gluten... Anyone have a magic wand, or something hard I can beat my head against?!?! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! \\ END RANT \\

Ok, ok, just had to get that out of my system. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh, we are very familiar with the "I'm doing a gluten challenge and this stinks" rants. :lol:  (but people use more salty language than "stinks")

You absolutely get to to rant, vent, scream, whine and throw stuff around the yard....Oh., and punch pillows (just not the hubs)

This is a brave thing you are doing and not many could survive it (I couldn't)

Some enlightened docs will diagnose based on the symptoms that come roaring back on gluten and a positive gene test.

Nope, sadly no magic wands. Sorry, kiddo.

In the meantime, we can be your cheerleaders.

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif Go Amy, go Amy, go Amy and here's a ((hug))

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Hang in there.

I lasted 3 weeks, and was very unwell by the end of my challenge.

I know it is horrible to think you might go through this and not get a diagnosis, but even if that does happen, there may be a silver lining (though you might not think so right now...). Your reaction to eating gluten is evidence to doctors. I wrote down my symptoms and my GI used it for a diagnosis of non celiac gluten intolerance. Secondly, you may well find it easier to stick to a gluten-free diet if you don't get a celiac diagnosis. Plenty of us are NCGI. My life has transformed gluten-free.

Wish I had better news to get you through right now. Like Irish says, we've been there and will shout from the sidelines.

Lol @the "salty" language. I must admit, there have been a few words unsuitable for children out of my mouth lately. Hehe

Thanks for the support and hugs!! I just keep repeating that line from Finding Nemo...just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming (repeat x400000000)...May 17 be here soon (I hope!)

"I know it is horrible to think you might go through this and not get a diagnosis, but even if that does happen, there may be a silver lining (though you might not think so right now...). Your reaction to eating gluten is evidence to doctors. I wrote down my symptoms and my GI used it for a diagnosis of non celiac gluten intolerance. Secondly, you may well find it easier to stick to a gluten-free diet if you don't get a celiac diagnosis. Plenty of us are NCGI. My life has transformed gluten-free."

Great perspective, thanks :)

Adalaide Mentor

In the end, no matter whether you get the support of doctors or not, you now know without a doubt that gluten is poison to you. That is something at least. And yes, just keep swimming. Because from your signature I know this may help, always remember... when life gets too hard to stand, kneel.

IrishHeart Veteran

Lol @the "salty" language. I must admit, there have been a few words unsuitable for children out of my mouth lately. Hehe

Thanks for the support and hugs!! I just keep repeating that line from Finding Nemo...just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming (repeat x400000000)...May 17 be here soon (I hope!)

You have a few necessary ingredients for survival--a sense of humor and great faith.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Hang in there, hon. We're here for you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

" always remember... when life gets too hard to stand, kneel".

AMEN a 1000x to that!!!

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Hang in there, hon. We're here for you."

You are so right, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Most important truth. This board has been such a blessing to me, I am lucky that my husband is supportive (albeit clueless), but there is NO sub for the support/advice/shoulder of those who have been there/done that/got the shirt!!

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

We have the best selection of shirts here!

Stick around and we can help you find yours :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Her shirt today would probably read:

"This is  bull$&#.! "

Hahahahaha!! Right now, mine would read: "Warning: atomic fart zone"

IrishHeart Veteran

Hahahahaha!! Right now, mine would read: "Warning: atomic fart zone"

:lol:  you're adorable, even though you feel like crap. Kudos!

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Hi Amy,

Okay, so when you can no longer kneel, be carried.  See my profile?  Isaiah 43 and 44 are encouraging to me lately.

"You are precious."  "I love you," the Lord says.

I can keep going.  Please keep going too.

Archived