Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adalaide

Honey Nut Oat Cereal

The other day I was whining to my husband about how I just want freaking oat cereal, something like honey nut cheerios like I used to eat, and how hard would it be for me to get some? He constantly says that every time I seem to complain about inconsequential things like this, I magically get my way and life reinforces my habit of whining.

So literally the day after my whining we were in Walmart and as always for the lols I went to the gluten free section. And as if by magic, right there on the shelf, was a honey nut oat cereal! My husband says it doesn't exactly taste like cheerios, I told him that I haven't had cheerios for a year and a half and it tastes just like them to me. :lol:

For those of us who are oat eaters, the brand is Van's. And they are amazingly delicious. The only thing lacking is the O shape, but I can live with squares if it gives me a cereal that isn't full of a million weird colors and a bunch of other unpronounceables. There is a cinnamon one too which is next on my list.

http://www.vansfoods.com/our-products-cereals#

I started reading this thinking you were looking for a cereal, I was like "gotta tell her about Vans" LOL

The honey nut crunch is my favorite gluten-free cereal, and decently priced.  Not too much sugar, and a good amount of fiber, too. 

Yup.  Vans.

Glad you found it.  It doesn't take much to make us celiac's happy...lol

Colleen 

Yup.  Vans.

Glad you found it.  It doesn't take much to make us celiac's happy...lol

Colleen 

I got some cranberry almond granola-type bars from walmart that are A-mazing!

Debbie