Rate this topic

Individual servings of anything are going to be expensive.  They sell tiny plastic containers with snap on lids, I am sure some of those would be suitable for nut butters.  

Every local store here sells the Justin's individual packets but they vary in price from about 80 cents up to nearly $2. I agree with Laura, if you are able to plan ahead and know you will be out for a meal and will want some just buy a regular jar and put some in a small container. It's what I do when I can plan ahead. I only buy the individual packets when I need to eat and am out of the house for an extended time unplanned.

I wouldn't mind buying a few for 80 cents each. We live in a lower cost of living area so I wouldn't be surprised if I could find them at the lower price. I'll stop at Target today and check.

I mainly want them for those unplanned times where I end up out and about and want something to spread on my apple or rice cake.

Ah, small town challenges. I didn't find Justin's nut butters, but Target did have GoPicnic's so I picked up some, picked up some Planter's nut packets, some applesauce, etc. and made up a car snack kit. I also made some vegan gluten free jerky in the health food store and tossed it in.

I need to go up to Kalamazoo area for a FedEx package though, so I will probably stop in and see if their health food store has it.

The only nut butters in packets that our health food store had, was some really fancy expensive ones with no peanut butter option.

Ah, small town challenges. I didn't find Justin's nut butters, but Target did have GoPicnic's so I picked up some, picked up some Planter's nut packets, some applesauce, etc. and made up a car snack kit. I also made some vegan gluten free jerky in the health food store and tossed it in.

I need to go up to Kalamazoo area for a FedEx package though, so I will probably stop in and see if their health food store has it.

The only nut butters in packets that our health food store had, was some really fancy expensive ones with no peanut butter option.

Skippy or Jif or both? Have the little PB cups.

Can you eat Nutella?  They have some smaller sized ones and it doesn't need to be refrigerated.  They do have some travel packs with breadsticks or something in them that I'm assuming are not gluten-free so watch for those.

I don't eat Jif or Nutella. 

Anyway, I went to the health food store in Kalamazoo and they ended up having a nice selection of Justin's nut butter packets. And the per packet price (for the 6 packs) was 58 cents a packet. Not bad at all! I ended up getting 3 boxes with 6 packets per box. That should last awhile. I now have a very nice survival kit for the car and I was able to have a nice little supper while the kids were eating Subway. :)