This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Health Break | New Blood Test Helps To Determine Celiac Disease - Centre Daily Times

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link

Centre Daily Times

A person with celiac disease has antibodies to gluten which means that when gluten is eaten, the antibodies' reaction to gluten causes inflammation and damage in the small intestine. This leads to symptoms such as pain, bloating, diarrhea and nausea.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nvsmom Community Regular

Um, what decade is this doctor from?!  What new blood test? He doesn't sound like a doctor who has had children dignosed with celiac disease for 10 years - to me, he sounds like he is just discovering how to test for the disease.  LOL

I think this doctor just likes to see himself blog...

Okay, yes.  I'm cranky today.  ;)

kareng Grand Master

I thought it was a stupid " article" too.

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

I must have missed the part about a NEW blood test...since he's in Alabama, and I'm not far from him, I'm almost tempted to schedule an appointment to see if he sounds as behind on the times in person as he does in the 15 year old article that was just published.

BlessedMommy Rising Star

That was weird that the article was titled like it was about a new blood test and then the blood test wasn't even described at all. 

SMRI Collaborator

I went back and reread the article several times thinking I missed what the new test was....guess not :D

kareng Grand Master

I think the  Celiac tests are new to this doctor?  If I were him, I would be embarrassed to admit I had no clue there were Celiac blood tests for the last 30+ ? years.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

I went back and reread the article several times thinking I missed what the new test was....guess not :D

me too!  lololz - i guess if the world ends, i'm going to alabama.  i'll be safe there for another few years until they get the news........

Georgia-guy Enthusiast

i guess if the world ends, i'm going to alabama. i'll be safe there for another few years until they get the news........

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Thats a good one! But you know that Alabama gets their ice from Georgia now, right? The lady that had the recipe died and didn't pass it on to anyone.

Archived