mamamonkey

Celiac, Symptoms While Pg On Gluten Free Diet

Rate this topic

Hi all! I am newly pregnant (6 weeks). I have been strictly gluten free for about 2 years (since official dx)

Since I have been pregnant, my gut is way not happy. I'm having some of the same symptoms I had pre dx (D, gas, belly pain). I am absolutely sure I have not been glutened. I have been eating more dairy than usual bc it's a quick protein snack. I had been tolerating dairy without issue. I'm planning to cut back and/or get lactose free products to see if that is the cause.

Any other suggestions for possible triggers? I have appt with my GI in early Oct.

As karen said, that can definitely just be a preggo thing.  Of course, it wouldn't hurt to double check everything that is going into your mouth, and if you are really bothered by it, go see the doctor.  Always want to be cautious with a gluten-free bun in the oven :)

When you see your doctor or call your GI and tell him you are pregnant to speed things up, have him re-run the celiac panel to see if somehow you have been getting gluten. At least you can rule out gluten as the culprit. Then if it is normal, you can look for other answers and they may very well be just related to all the hormonal changes.