Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mommyto2kids

What Do You Eat For A Light Breakfast That Is Safe And Doesn't Give You Runs Of Any Kind?

Most things give me worm like poops in the morning. (Sorry) But that is why I take Imodium, because the skinny poop has trouble stopping. It lasts for several hours many times and I will have many small bowel movements. When I get sick of it, I take Imodium because I try to substitute teach. Any thoughts are appreciated as to what to eat that is firming and why this may be happening. :( Thanks for your thoughts.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I bet what you are eating for breakfast isn't really the reason for the pooping. It just stimulates your system. Eating anything & being upright and moving starts your GI system moving. It takes hours for food to get from your mouth to the other end ( or a couple of days even). This is probably how your system works right now. You might try adding fiber to your diet all day. Or figure out if there is another food that bothers you?

Join eNewsletter

My kids and I eat Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free oat meal with some Silk coconut milk, hot water, and sliced up banana. Seems to stoke the fires for hours.

Join eNewsletter

Whenever my colitis is active, eating is usually what sets off a case of the poops.  As stupid as it seems, eating food causes peristalsis, and if there's something wrong with your gut that can mean a lot of extra movement. 

My nutritionist admonished me for not eating in the morning, but sometimes that can be unavoidable if it means a week-long trip to the can and missing school/work.  But that's one way to go about it.  

These days I've taken to eating two hard-boiled eggs in the morning.  Sometimes I'll top that off with a grain (granola bar, toast, oatmeal) too.  This may depend on how well you tolerate eggs, but I find that as shapes of eggs go, hard-boiled never upsets my stomach (runnier eggs often do).  I try to avoid anything too carb-o-licious, as I find my blood sugar crashes early, and I also avoid fruit.  I don't even know why, but bananas almost always give me diarrhea.  YMMV, as always.   

Join eNewsletter

it seems i am a probiotic/digestive enzyme pusher this week!  lolz 

i used to have those 'problem mornings' until i started taking these - probiotic 2x per day, digestive enzyme with every meal.  otherwise, if i had to do anything in the morning, i would just wait to eat (aka starve to death)  but, now, once i get that Morning Constitutional out of the way, i can usually count on having no trouble until i eat again.  honestly, i quit working because it was so bad.  now, i think i could manage a job.  good luck!  :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

My usual breakfast lately is bacon and fried veggies and mushrooms.  Pretty carb low but high in fats if that is an issue for you.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

I second the colitis thought.. I just got diagnosed and my poops were like that frequently (and worse)

Jamie

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." Ronald Reagan

Diagnosed Celiac via blood test 8-22-13

Dairy & gluten free in 8-22-13 then did gluten challenge in October

Endoscopy/Biopsy Oct-26-13 positive for Celiac

HLA-DQ2 positive

Vitamin D insufficiency confirmed 12-6-13

Dairy Added back in successfully 3-1-14

Normal Antibody Levels 3-19-14! 

Egg, sugar alcohols Intolerant 5-2014

Dairy removed again 10-2014 due to ongoing diarrhea symptoms

Diagnosed with Microscopic Colitis after colonoscopy 12-1-14

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I was like that every morning no matter what I ate or how good I was at avoiding gluten and other allergens.  I started taking calcium suppliments for unrelated issues and the calcium also helped solidify things quite a bit too - bonus!  Apparently constipation is a common side effect of taking calcium suppliments, but when things are moving too quickly it seems to work to help slow things down just enough too.

Join eNewsletter

Hi I'm new to this forum, Hawkeye58 speaking:

I so understand what you are going through. Most morning I am unable to eat or drink anything until about 10-11am, I don't know why nor do the doctors. But at about that time I may be able to have potatoes or toast. I usually can only have one maybe two kind of foods at one time. Big Malabsorbtion problem. On my last doctor visit he said; I'm sure you are still getting gluten from some where. We don't know from where since I can hardly eat at all, but we're looking.

Join eNewsletter

I eat meat and cheese roll ups. I do have the runs on a regular basis... But I have other issues besides being Celiac.

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

I eat meat and cheese roll ups. I do have the runs on a regular basis... But I have other issues besides being Celiac.

I love that for breakfast, too! I lay out my little slices of smoked turkey or ham and sprinkle shredded cheese on them and microwave briefly. I fold them in half - I guess mine aren't really rolled up..... Lol

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts