Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dave316d

Familliar Symptoms?

Hi all,

sorry for asking what is maybe the most asked question, last few years been feeling very tired on and off had loads of bloods done etc all ok apart from on 3 occasions low ferritin, one other occasion low folate (no cause found) had celiac screen came back negative......

hers a list of my symptoms.....

burning tingly hands and feet sometimes legs

fatigue/tiredness

migraine (with auras) started about same time.

anxiety / panic attacks

neck and back pain.

acid reflux but got a hiatus hernia which I take lansoprazole for

loose stools but I blame this on lansoprazole??

Tempted to go gluten free to see if any change.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How long ago did you have the celiac tests done? Which ones did they do? If you post the results we can tell you if they did a complete panel or not. If the test was a few years ago then you could ask them to rerun it. 

You need to finish all celiac related testing before you start a trial of the diet. Meanwhile read as much as you can here and ask any questions needed. 

You may want to get some Sublingual B12 in the meantime. That may help the tingling you are getting and won't have any impact on celiac testing. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Ditto everything Ravenwoodglass said.  Get all the celiac disease tests done because each test can have a false negative rate as high as 1 in 4.  The tests you want are tTG IgA and IgG, DGP IgA and IgG, EMA IgA, total serum IgA and maybe the old AGA IgA and IgG tests. You need to be eating gluten in the 2-3 months prior to testing so don't go gluten-free unless you are sure testing is done.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. And welcome to the board.  :)

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

You still have the right to obtain actual lab copies. I tested negative on all but one on the complete celiac panel. If my doc had just chosen just two of the most frequently ordered, I would not have been diagnosed.

You could go gluten free, but you need to be on the diet for at least six months. Personally, I needed that confirmation to be gluten free and watch for cross contamination.

I wish you well!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

As Cyclinglady said, it is a good idea to get your lab reports so you can judge if they enough was done or if they were interpreted correctly.  Many celiac screens are just the ttG IgA, and total serum IgA and that's not enough for many celiacs to be found.

Best wishes.

Nicole 

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Hey, Dave!

What exactly was "all the rest?" Did you confirm that you took the complete celiac panel (see NVSMOM's list)?

My IGA was high but only one of the DPG tests was positve. Both my TTG tests were negative and those are the used the most. If my doc had not order the complete panel, then I would still be searching for a diagnosis.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

If you can, find out what tests were in that celiac panel.  In my city, the "celiac panel" consists of only the tTG IgA, total serum IgA (control test) and the EMA IgA only if the tTG IgA was high... They would have missed Cyclinglady too.

Nicole 

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter