Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I agree. Two days is nothing.  Most doctors will recommend eating gluten for 2-3 months prior to celiac testing.

If you are doing a food sensitivities test from a naturopath (based on IgG testing) then you probably only need a few days of exposure.  Those tests will not tell you if you have celiac disease though, and they are not widely recognized as medically valid tests... That being said, I know of a few people who had great luck with those tests (but about as many who did not).

Best wishes.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

To confirm these caring ladies' accurate advice.....read these links regarding celiac blood testing from the University of Chicago's celiac website (a leading researcher in the U.S.).  Learn more about celiac disease within this website too!  

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/archives/faq/how-much-gluten-should-be-consumed-prior-to-being-screened-for-celiac-disease

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/archives/faq/how-much-gluten-should-be-consumed-prior-to-being-screened-for-celiac-disease

I wish you well! 

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I agree. Two days is nothing.  Most doctors will recommend eating gluten for 2-3 months prior to celiac testing.

If you are doing a food sensitivities test from a naturopath (based on IgG testing) then you probably only need a few days of exposure.  Those tests will not tell you if you have celiac disease though, and they are not widely recognized as medically valid tests... That being said, I know of a few people who had great luck with those tests (but about as many who did not).

Best wishes.

That's what I thought. My Family dr is doing a celiac panel...shes the one who said two days. I am seeing my gastro in May....Im hoping he will give me the correct information if he is doing any tests. I was doing so well for two months...and now I am eating gluten again and feeling horrible.

Join eNewsletter

That's what I thought. My Family dr is doing a celiac panel...shes the one who said two days. I am seeing my gastro in May....Im hoping he will give me the correct information if he is doing any tests. I was doing so well for two months...and now I am eating gluten again and feeling horrible.

Try saving your gluten meals for later in the day so you day isn't as disrupted.... just your sleep.  ;)  JK  It does help some to eat their gluten in the evening though.

Good luck with it!

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Best wishes.

Well...the blooswork came back negative.... .1 they say   Im seeing my gastro tomorrow to get his opinion

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Chandra Gunawan
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts