Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

bartfull

Why Oh Why?

Rate this topic

I told you all about my success with the gin-soaked raisins. And I told you all about the terrible psoriasis flare I've been dealing with. Well I just figured it out.

The golden raisins are treated with sulfites. Sulfites can cause psoriasis flares. It makes sense because even though the P started flaring after a gluten CC, it never went away. I started the raisins right about that time.

So now it looks like I have a choice. Either live with crippling arthritis in my wrists and fingers, or live with crippling psoriasis on my hands and feet.

I just can't win. :angry::( :(

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Can you dehydrate your own raisins? does anyone make them without the extra sulphites?

http://www.newmansownorganics.com/food_fruit.html

You might have to order them because you live in the middle of no Whole Foods!

https://nuts.com/driedfruit/raisins/organic-sultana.html

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Healing-House-Organic-Sultana/dp/B00L5IEC28

Join eNewsletter

The problem is the sulfites are what makes them work. A FEW people have said the dark raisins work so I guess I'll try that. I just mixed up a batch or the golden ones last night so I think what I'll do is wait. Stop eating the raisins and hope the P goes away and the arthritis pain doesn't come back. If it does, I guess I'll buy another jug of gin and try it with dark (no sulfite) raisins. I can always give the new batch I mixed last night to a friend.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Ohhhhhhh Barty! {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Darned if you do & darned if you don't. What a fix to be in. I got all excited at Karen's idea of dehydrating the golden raisins yourself.

Okay, so you'll experiment. If even the dark raisins fail then you owe it to yourself to try dehydrating the golden raisins before you give up the trials. Maybe either the dark or light will help to some degree. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed & sending the positive thoughts & prayers your way.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

So sorry to hear that Barty.

Can you start looking into more homeopathic remedies?  Any research on medical marijuana?, such as the oil that can have the chemical compound removed that causes the "high" ?

I know someone using it for the joint pain from cancer treatment.  It seems to be working well for the joint pain and with chemo therapy the tumors have been shrinking.  Just an idea to discuss with your doctor.

Michigan

Join eNewsletter