Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

gluten confused

Best gluten-free bread

Rate this topic

I don't think any gluten-free bread will ever be as delicious as a fresh baguette out of the oven, but you never know. I have had a good Rudi's bread once or twice, and there is a gluten-free bakery here in DC that's pretty good (their biscuits are, at any rate). Other people swear by Grind Stone Bakery in California. Never been or ordered, myself.

https://www.grindstonebakery.com/category/gluten-free-STORE.html

I agree with those who counsel fattening up on fats rather than processed carbs right now, but whatever - do what works for you.

I have not tried Schar's, but the other national brands are all bad to horrible. Find a local gluten-free bakery if you can. Or try Omaha's bakery, Stick and Stone. They ship nationally, and have a wide variety of products, including at least a dozen breads, cookies, three kinds of crackers, pizza dough, cinnamon rolls and much more. Their products changed my life. 

Victoria1234;

First, and most important, I purchase most of my "raw" ingredients from various sources. One of my favorite is " Honeyville.com" They have the Rice flours, Tapioca starch, Corn Starch, etc in 50 lbs. bags that makes my recipes work best. Just an example = Fine ground White Rice Flour in 50 Lbs. bag is $1.24 per pound!

The second item you need to make my gluten-free recipes is a 6 qt KitchenAid mixer with lift bowl or another brand of mixer with the Kitchenaid features. Please believe me, my bread recipes will not work any other way. You need the power at different speeds for up to 10 minutes of beating time to make the batters.

Over the next few weeks, I will attempt to write down my recipes, with specific methods/instructions for your success. What recipes would you like first?

werlostinusa

13 minutes ago, werlostinusa said:

Victoria1234;

First, and most important, I purchase most of my "raw" ingredients from various sources. One of my favorite is " Honeyville.com" They have the Rice flours, Tapioca starch, Corn Starch, etc in 50 lbs. bags that makes my recipes work best. Just an example = Fine ground White Rice Flour in 50 Lbs. bag is $1.24 per pound!

The second item you need to make my gluten-free recipes is a 6 qt KitchenAid mixer with lift bowl or another brand of mixer with the Kitchenaid features. Please believe me, my bread recipes will not work any other way. You need the power at different speeds for up to 10 minutes of beating time to make the batters.

Over the next few weeks, I will attempt to write down my recipes, with specific methods/instructions for your success. What recipes would you like first?

werlostinusa

Thank you. We have a large ka mixer so I'm all set.

bread recipes would be most appreciated. My husband is the baker so I'll relay the info to him.

i am blessed to be close enough to a gluten-free bakery to buy incredible breads and desserts.   They do ship within the US, and for the summer, shipping was free for purchases of around $25 to $30.  Most of their products are gluten and dairy free.  They have a chocolate bumpy cake that no one believes is gluten-free and DF. Their bread is usually light and airy.  Weather significantly impacts bread baking, so sometimes the loaves are a little denser ... which for me requires toasting.    Bread is no more than you'd pay for some of the manufactured brands mentioned here.  I have no affiliation with this company, just a happy customer.

http://www.baking-glutenfree.com/

This facebook link won't imbed, but you may be able to copy and paste it:

https://www.facebook.com/CeliacSpecialties/