This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Mrs. Leeper's/ Corn Rotelli

skurtz

skurtz Explorer

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever eaten it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jmengert Enthusiast

I have eaten it when I first was diagnosed. I'm not going to lie to you--it's not very good, especially when you compare it to Tinkyada. However, it's alright if there's nothing else available (and there wasn't for me when I was first diagnosed), but it does not heat up very well or hold up very well. If you can find Tinkyada, I highly recommend that instead.

skurtz Explorer

Thanks I already bought a bag of mrs. leepers I wont tell the kids but in the mean time im going to look for the tinkyada. Im guessing its corn? None of us seem real quick to try rice noodles.

penguin Community Regular
Thanks I already bought a bag of mrs. leepers I wont tell the kids but in the mean time im going to look for the tinkyada. Im guessing its corn? None of us seem real quick to try rice noodles.

Tinkyada is rice, but don't judge till you try it! I made baked mac and cheese with it the other night and it was excellent! I really couldn't tell the difference between that and glutened pasta.

I made spaghetti with another brand and it wasn't so good... :P

Guest cassidy

I eat the Mrs. Leepers rice pasta. I have tried the spaghetti and the shapes. I may not have cooked the shapes enough, but the spaghetti was good. My gluten eating husband ate the spaghetti just like normal, he had no idea. I have never seen Tinkyada in my area.

plantime Contributor

MMMmmmmm, Mrs Leeper's corn rotelli is my favorite! To cook it, bring your water to a boil, add the rotelli, then cook for 6 minutes. Drain it immediately. If you cook it longer, or let it sit in the hot water, it becomes mushy and tasteless. Only cook what you will eat at that time, as it does not reheat well for leftovers.

skurtz Explorer

thank you for all the replys I guess we will try the rice one to

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

I am not crazy about the Mrs. Leepers pastas... but we LOVE Tinkyada around here. I get the brown rice pasta with rice bran, it's got a really great taste and texture and my gluten eating hubby loves it... says it's better than wheat pasta...

skurtz Explorer

plantime I followed your directions & cooked the noodles 6 min thanks for the advice if I would have followed the directions they would have been mushy. My family loved them they smelled just like egg noodles. We usually have egg noodles with chili., but these were just as good kids loved them, husband also said they were pretty good. thanks again

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Mrs. Leepers does make a decent beef strogonoff, chicken alfredo, cheeseburger macaroni and tuna alfredo -- they are the only gluten-free company I have seen that sells these mixes..

elonwy Enthusiast

I love thier Tuna "helper" and the chicken one, though I just add tuna, chicken is too much work. Its a great one dish meal on those lazy nights. My non-gluten-free boyfriend loves it too.

ELonwy

plantime Contributor

You're welcome. Glad I could help. I love mac and cheese, and will put tuna in my pasta any time! I will have look for the helper meals from Mrs. Leeper's. So far, I can only find the pasta.

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Try contacting them...

Here is the FAQ part of their website...

Where can I buy Mrs. Leeper's products? Unfortunately, we do not retail to the public. We do sell to most major food ditributors, however. Please contact us and we will help you find our product.

How can I get more information?

Email us now at mrsleepers@aipc.com, telephone us at (816) 584-5200, FAX us at (816) 502.6722, or write to Mrs. Leeper's Pasta, 1000 Italian Way, Excelsior Springs, MO 64024.

happygirl Collaborator

Corn pastas are what I tried first...... I must say, I thought it was yucky! (no offense)

Tinkyada tastes very similar to "regular" pasta-and I am a picky gluten free person.

• 1 month later...
floridanative Community Regular

I bought both the Mrs. Leepers tuna helper and the chicken alfredo. It was not until I got them home I saw that the tuna product was had corn pasta in it, the chicken alfredo has rice pasta. We had the chicken dish at a support group which is why we looked for it as we really enjoyed it. But I wasn't impressed with the tuna dish so I think I just don't care for corn pasta...except for Maggianno's but that's imported from Italy after all. Tonight we'll be making the chk. alfreado so hopefully it will be as good as what we ate at our meeting.

TCA Contributor

I like the helper mixes too. I find mine at Publix.

Archived