This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Amazing

BamBam

BamBam Community Regular

When I joined this board in June of 04, I was #2166 - and if you look today, there is over 7,800 members on this board. I bet by the end of the year we will be 10,000 strong! I know that is a small number when you look at the whole world, but still, having 10,000 people to visit with about our disease/problems is just amazing!

BamBam

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
When I joined this board in June of 04, I was #2166 - and if you look today, there is over 7,800 members on this board. I bet by the end of the year we will be 10,000 strong! I know that is a small number when you look at the whole world, but still, having 10,000 people to visit with about our disease/problems is just amazing!

BamBam

And you know what, it is SO awesome to have this board, since no one in my world understands this like you guys do!! :)

jenvan Collaborator

It is amazing! Well, I guess the more people in here, the more people who will know out there!

Guest Viola

And just think, this isn't the only Celiac board on the internet! I think a few doctors would have their eyes opened up if they checked these sites out once in awhile. They have no idea how many there are of us!

chrissy Collaborator

i can't imagine how hard it would have been if my kids had been diagnosed before we had the internet-----i get so much info from the people on this board.

christine

Guest Viola

Christine, you are right! It was really difficult before I had internet. We've only had internet in the Valley for almost 9 years. Before that we had party lines, and you can't have internet on party lines :lol: Now, does that tell you that we are living out in the sticks or what? :rolleyes:

I was all alone for 8 years with Celiac. At the time they thought it was extremely rare .. 1 out of every 10,000, now of course we know different and there are lots of Celiacs to talk to. It's so much easier and much more food than the bare meat, veggies and rice. And of course fresh fruit as there was no way for me to check on manufactures. Come to think of it, it never occured to me to even phone them ... guess I was a little dense in those days :lol:

Anyway ... I for one really appreciate all of you out here in cyber land!!!

i canary Rookie

This site has been a wonderful blessing for me. People who know what I'm going thru without me having to spend (make that waste) time explaining why certain things are a problem. It's helped my mental health so much - I don't feel like a alien being who got left on the wrong planet at birth. (Surely there is a planet out there that is completely gluten free - or am I thinking of paradise?) :P:P:P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

There are so many, I remen=mber when the website was completely different. Like really weird and old, and now it is all high-techie. I am member number like 20 or something!

chrissy Collaborator

shirley, where are you???? i thought party lines were done away with YEARS ago!!!!!--------and i was thinking that here in southern idaho we are way behind the times. (maybe it is just me??)

christine

kevsmom Contributor

You guys are my life! :)

Guest Viola

Christine, we are in British Columbia, just the province north of you :D But we live on an acreage 35 miles from the nearest town. However there are a few villages in the valley. We are actually supposed to get broadband service out here by the end of the year, but I'm not holding my breath. :lol: So we are still on slow dial up internet service. But I'm not complaining ... we have internet, which means we have all of you out there! :P

debmidge Rising Star

I always include this site when I speak to non celiacs or people who are interesting in knowing more. I tell them to visit Celiac.com and also to read the message board to see what those with Celiac are doing/thinking/living.

Also, I noticed that very often there are annon. or Guests viewing the pages.

jerseyangel Proficient

We just always had the internet for the boys. I never used the computer much at all. Everything changed when I happened onto this site while looking up an ingredient. At first, I wasen't sure how to even post! I had to ask my son about a bunch of things. But I was so "hungry" for information and the ability to talk to others living with this, that I learned fast! Now, it's a regular part of my day to check in here. You guys are the best! (It's a little frightening, actually, to think of what the past 9 months would have been like without you) ;)

plantime Contributor

I'm glad this site is here. I would not have known about barley and rye without it, and I would still be sick. I just hope that visitors are able to find the answers to their questions here!

Archived