This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Would swimming help your back?

Knowing you (funny concept, as we've never met face to face), whatever you try, you will overdo it at first from the sheer joy of being able to do it, so BE CAREFUL!!! Give yourself limits, and observe them strictly.

:lol: Kinda true. but, I HATE swimming.....I have no fondness for water, I am a land/rock/dirt girl.....and I know swimming is supposed to be so good, but that would be very last resort for me....

I pmed Rachel, hoping I could help to calm things down, but I failed. :( She pmed me back a long, angry letter, saying that she was done with this thread for good.

Not only was I unable to dissuade her, I think I made her angrier. :(

I'm very taken aback by the whole thing, because it did NOT seem like our Rachel. :blink:

Aw, this makes me sad.....but maybe Claire is right? she needs to be angry? I dunno.....guess there's no Rachelville any more? :( do we move to another town? Dingo-ville? :lol:

I say no, we just remain staunchly here, light left on, for sojourners new and old....to find us. :)

Well, imagine that!

They don't know what to do with the front either, or the brain, or the bowels, or...

Would it be worth seeing a physiatrist? That's a sports medicine doctor, kind of like a physical therapist with an MD, or like an orthopedist that doesn't do surgery. They specialize in managing pain without surgery, and are very into physical therapy, chiropractors, etc. At least, the one I saw was into them!

Alison you are so funny. :lol: Our dear Bev already sent me, in fact, a list of physiatrists in CA! I haven't called yet....but will, there are several in my town. She swears by hers......I am highly interested.

Well, I thought you were a climber too! I think you might of missed my message awhile back about climbing. It's sooooo good for the back! I have scoliosis, and it's very helpful. DH has been climbing for 30 years. A couple of years ago, he had to have back surgery for a herniated disk. Climbing has been good exercise for him. He's my rope gun!

WHAT????????????????????

How did I miss this????? :o Yay, another climber! :rolleyes: You know, I seem to remember this from the distant past, you mentioned it before, guess I dingo'd it! Wow, thirty years of climbing, your DH must be insanely good! Do you guys climb a lot? I was a sport/trad climber, never a big wall (no bivvy's for me, thank you!) and loved it more than anything I've ever done....took to it instantly.......like ballet on stone. And GOOD for the back??? Well I was thinking so, I mean, it FEELS good to move and stretch taht way, working out problems......

I am stuck climbing in the gym for now, and never was a gym climber. Hope to be on the REAL granite when things cool down a bit.....

And BTW, my older girl, tika (named for a mountain rescue dog, in fact) has been climbing from the age of 10 weeks, when I first got her. She used to panic, and would try to follow me up the granite, all the time...she was an AMAZING climber-dog....many times I had to scramble up and bring her down from somewhere, and she also spent many a day harnessed in on some precarious cliff at the base of our climbs.....Annie's now quite good on granite, too.....when we'd go to the beach, every other dog would be in or near the water, and my girls were scaling the rocks and cliffs in back. :lol: People would stop and stare, they were such agile little mountain goats. :wub:

I totally forgot you were a climber!

(oops - totally hijacked here - - although I guess it's all just hijacking from here, isn't it? ) :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Carla,

I am hoping Dad gets work soon, too! Just send some positive energy! That should help a lot! :) My mother's energy is so negative, it caused our dog to go into a seizure the other night! He was doing well for a month or so, until Tuesday. I held him for a while, and the episode went away.

I think your theory makes plenty of sense. Bacterial dysbiosis certainly has a lot to do with many things. You can always trace back intestinal problems to it. Whether it is Candidiasis, or Klebsiella tipping the balance out of your favor, something of the sort is always involved! Casein is apparently not my issue, either. The only soy cheese I could find upon going gluten-free months ago was at the healthfood store. It had casein in it, but I did not get sick from it.

Many people slept with their babies next to them. My Dad used to sleep with me on his chest when I was an infant. His heartbeat calmed me. If you ask me, something else seems to be causing SIDS. I know in some cases, there have been reports that the babies had a heart condition that was previously not identified.

I wondered the same thing about the whey protein. If it was denatured, that changes everything. Too much processing makes anything bad for you! You are eating dead food, not live food! Plus, the study was done in China. They really do not eat much beef there anyway due to needing the cows to pull plows!

Dear Donna,

I hope you are doing better today. It sounds like you have done alright so far. That one day of rest likely did you a lot of good. When you do not get enough sleep, that can cause major issues. There can be everything from stomach problems, to anxiety, to difficulty concentrating.

Dear Andrea,

I am glad to hear the treatment is not adding to the sensitivities T has. The ingredient change in the granola very well may be why she can no longer tolerate it. Cherries are difficult to digest, no matter what kind they are! I can eat them, but must make sure not to overdo it! ;) The bing cherries are especially sweet, I can see why she liked those! They are good!

I agree about they whey protein. It does seem to depend on the person. Each situation is different. Doctors often do not keep that in mind. This is what normally complicates things for Celiacs.

Lactose intolerance is a major issue for me. I wish I could get some Lactaid. It is quite expensive. My neighbor and I were chatting today. They were getting ready to eat ice cream! I told her, if I win the lottery, I will get some Lactaid so I can have some ice cream for once! :lol: Big dreams, baby! Big dreams!

That is great Seth finally slept! Now you both got sleep! :) Being tired all of the time complicates everything! It is so funny he has to have all of those pacifiers! My best friend was like that when she was born. The hospital actually taped her pacifier to her mouth, because she kept fussing so much when it fell out!

Dear Andrea and Patti,

Thanks for the update on Rachel! I am glad she is doing well! I was worried about her. What has she been up to?

Hopefully not racheling yams again!

Dear tom,

The alternate universe Rachelvilles do have a lot of alien babies! It is scary! That is just messed up right there! I am glad we are in this Rachelville. Ours is better anyway. :P

Pat's cabin sounds great! Being out in a quiet place is wonderful. Sometimes you just need to get away from it all. Noise is alright sometimes, but peacefulness cannot be acheived with it being constant. My grandparents live out in a more rural area. It is nice and calm there.

Speaking of snow, there have been some times where we had quite a bit of it. We do not get much very often. The average snowfall for the year is 11 inches. Still, the odd weather has given us some surprises. Christmas 2004 was one of them. From December 23rd to the 25th, we had 23 inches of snow dumped on us! The snow drifts were five feet high! We were pretty much trapped in the house for five days.

No icing in the soup! I meant if it were on the tick! :lol: What kind of maniac do you think I am? Cake and icing are so good! Bakery icing is so loaded with unhealthy butter and shortening. However, if I could recreate it for special occaisions, that would be great. Meanwhile, I am going to be good and not eat cake! The yeastie beast has been too happy with me racheling peanut butter! I am cutting myself off!

Do not get discouraged. The lottery is not the world's easiest thing to win. All you can do is try! Just keep dreaming. I do, because it is the only thing that prevents me from blowing a hole in my skull. I know one day, I will crawl out of what is the rubble of my current life, and go happily into another good one! I just have to stick it out a little longer!

"Dead Like Me" is something I have heard of. I never got to watch it, though. If it is morbid, I think I will enjoy it! You know how I am delightfully so! B) My best friend would probably like it, too! She and I trade morbidly hilarious thoughts, which is as easy for her as it is me, since she used to write obits!

Dear Lisa,

You are right. Fruit juice is a no-no. Mold is in it naturally! I actually do not react badly to it, surprisingly. The coconut might not bother you. It is difficult to say. You just have to try it and see.

Dear Claire,

Lactose is a serious irritant for me! Casein is not the issue. I discovered that quickly. Yogurt and pudding are bad news for me! I get as sick from them as I do gluten.

I am glad to hear your estrogen levels are alright. Mine probably are high. It is difficult to say why. All of the things you did probably brought your hormones back to normal. Considering you had fibroids, that could be what the trouble was all along.

Is feta goat cheese? I tolerated fat-free feta before. It is great for a Greek Spinach Salad! I would not mind trying some goat cheese again. Mozerrella is one of my favorites. Is it a cow or goat cheese?

Dear Alison,

What a relief! Thank goodness that thing is not a tick! It is unreal that thing is still crawling around in there? That beetle must be Super Beetle! However, it still bit you no matter what those other people said. I wonder if they ever stuck their finger toward one to see! I bet not!

Dear Bev,

I can tolerate cheese and milk chocolate. Try a small amount to see at first. Kraft's cheeses are labeled 0g. lactose on many of the packages! I do alright on them. Also, milk chocolate candies like 3 Musketeers Bars are alright for me, too. I think you are not eating soy, though. They might have that in many of them.

Sincerely,

Jin

tom Contributor
Yes, Crazy, I did know, and I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pathetic when I started that thread, I kinda wish it would go away! :ph34r::lol:

I couldn't believe the start date when I saw the thread pop up under 'View New'.

Then looking at it, what w/ the upcoming move & all, it's like a joke that someone somehow posts in it every 6-8 months!

A veritable *flurry* this month!

I'm thinking it's the Cicada of threads, dingo-rrrrita.

OMG I have seen Dave Wakeling (English Beat) three times in Monterey. Fantastic.

Saw E.B. at some fest before the break-up. Can't imagine where Dave could play in Monterey. Some Civic Center Aud. or something? Never went to whatever that was.

Tom - - I think you are getting a little over-excited about eveything and must calm thyself.....probably was the talk of cleavage.....

<women!>

I think this'll be the 3rd time I say I'm ecstatic about suddenly having a ticket back home, to my wondrous Bay Area.

Phx bites-the-lizard. (Summer anyway)

And speaking of, I am SOOOOOOOOOO flippin' jealous of women with cleavage. <_<:angry:

OMG (& uhoh) LOL how can I NOT say

oh puh-leeeeez, expecting something salacious? ROFL

:)

sjust Apprentice

I am currently trying corn free for my daughter, didn't realize that the thyroid meds have corn in them. As an FYI any dark colored diet soda has corn starch in the carmel coloring. Didn't realize that till I started calling around I thought it would just be in regular soda but no.

Sarah

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:( I know, Rachelville NEEDS its Rachel.

RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please come back? :(:(:(

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Susie,

That is such great news! :D I am so glad you can go climbing again! Now you will be able to get some more strength! I am sure one of us can find something to help your back! There is bound to be something! We just have to find it!

Hey, we are lucky not having cleavage! My friends that are big busted are only getting attention for the boobs! Back pain also accompanies their buxomness. I am proud to be the way I am. I used to want a larger bust, but now I am glad not to! The problems it can cause are much worse than many people can imagine.

Dear Rachel,

I am so sorry you are hurt. I understand why you felt attacked. If you want to vent, I see no reason not to. However, this is up to you. Regardless, I hope we remain friends. You have provided so much information and helped me a lot. HUGS! :wub:

Knowing of your struggle has educated me further on these health matters I might have neglected. You make a difference. I just think all of us agree that Rachelville is just Ville without our fearless leader. Even worse, tom could get voting rights if you leave! Then what? Is that a sign of the Apocolypse or what? :blink::lol:

Dear Sarah,

Going corn-free is difficult. Cornstarch is put in many pills. I think they normally use it as a binder. The only way you can be sure you are corn-free is probably to buy all natural fresh foods. Medications complicate matters so much! We all are willing to help in anyway we can, so if you have any questions, please ask!

Sincerely,

Jin

christine 25 Newbie

Hi everone,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

something great has happened., I actually feel a little bit better, after starting the NuvaRing.

My jaw pain and dental symptoms have diminished quite a bit... isnt that strange.

I guess my hormones do play a big part in how I feel.

I love the nuva ring, I have no side effects from it, so far.

Has anyone ever tried it before?

For me, it beats the pill by far.

I also have been taking viactive chews, which have B vitamins, and also TUMS for calcium here and there, and its helped my depression so much.

The B vitamins make me feel better, and clamer almost immediately.

I wonder about injection B vitamins, I think I will ask my doctor about them.

Hope all is well with everyone,

sending much love out to yall ~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NoGluGirl Contributor
Hi everone,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

something great has happened., I actually feel a little bit better, after starting the NuvaRing.

My jaw pain and dental symptoms have diminished quite a bit... isnt that strange.

I guess my hormones do play a big part in how I feel.

I love the nuva ring, I have no side effects from it, so far.

Has anyone ever tried it before?

For me, it beats the pill by far.

I also have been taking viactive chews, which have B vitamins, and also TUMS for calcium here and there, and its helped my depression so much.

The B vitamins make me feel better, and clamer almost immediately.

I wonder about injection B vitamins, I think I will ask my doctor about them.

Hope all is well with everyone,

sending much love out to yall ~

Dear Christine,

I am glad to hear you are doing well! :) Hormones really can cause all kinds of trouble! I am on the Depo shot, and am afraid to go off of it. I had cysts, and the birth control pills did not do the job. In fact, they seemed to make the situation worse. I ended up having four cysts at once! I originally only had one, and it went away. Then the Pill ended up making it worse!

I was on three different ones! The Depo is the only thing that kept them away. The NuvaRing might be great. It sounds like it is working well for you so far. I wondered about it myself. At the moment, my system is so messed up, I am afraid to do anything different.

The calcium usually is good to take. I need to start taking some vitamins. I thought maybe a some magnesium would be a good idea as well. It helps with TMJ. Bruxism can be caused by a lack of it. I think that is some of what is happening to my teeth. My jaw has been in excruciating pain for a year and a half. The dentist did not do anything.

B vitamins are something I probably need as well. It would not hurt to ask about them. I have heard some great things about the sublingual form as well. The injections are encouraged by many, too. Considering I most likely have Leaky-Gut, taking pills might not help much.

Dear tom,

Going to SJ this weekend, huh? That sounds great! Do you have to stay with those sloppy roomies again? Perhaps you should get some silverware that is clean for your trip so you have something other than a dull knife! Sometimes I think I should have my own silverware around here.

Sincerely,

Jin

diamondheart Newbie
Even worse, tom could get voting rights if you leave! Then what? Is that a sign of the Apocolypse or what? :blink::lol:

Sincerely,

Jin

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG Jin, Thank you sooooo much for the comic relief!! Damn, could use a few more laughs around here. I mean, life is too short to take it so seriously.

No offense Tom. Hey, have I ever told you I LOVE your llama avatar! Llama packing is one of my favorite things to do.

Hey Susie, Damn, we'll be talking beta before you know it!! Speaking of llamas, I learned to llama pack when I thought my back was trashed for good and I wouldn't be able to go backpacking again in the wilderness :( . If you ever decide to go llama packing, you'll wonder why you ever carried a heavy pack :huh: . DH and I carried in an air mattress with llamas in the backcountry! Talk about cush!

Claire

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dear Rachel,

I am so sorry you are hurt. I understand why you felt attacked. If you want to vent, I see no reason not to. However, this is up to you. Regardless, I hope we remain friends. You have provided so much information and helped me a lot. HUGS! :wub:

Jin,

As Andrea and Patti said...I'm fine....I really am. :)

I dont need to vent...I was never angry. ;)

See my above post...

EDIT: see my post on the previous page. :P

Take care :wub:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Claire,

I am glad my quip did what it was meant to do! Breaking the tension is important! I am glad you enjoyed it! :) Here is something else: my column. I do not know if you saw my last one. It was complaining about combined celebrity nicknames. I am going to work on more of those!

Some issues I desperately need to sound-off about include: Partisanism and Political Prejudice, Me Not Being Able to Get a Bank Account, People Baby Talking to Their Children and Pets, and Skeptics. There are so many things driving me up the wall! If I did one on doctors, it would be no less than book-size! :lol: You know how that goes! The cost of healthcare is another irritating matter.

Dear Rachel,

I still will worry! You know me! I am little not good at that. It is silly, I know. I wish I could turn that off. Many people are like this. As long as I hear from you periodically, that would probably ease my concern.

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. I saw you on earlier Sherry! Hi! :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Some issues I desperately need to sound-off about include: People Baby Talking to Their Children and Pets,

:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

Jin - - you are the funniest - - and OMG - - if you HEARD me talk to the dingos.......it is outrageous, it really is, and the outrageousness of it cracks people up (I only let the inner circle hear me do it, though) :lol:

Claire! Llamas!! Who knew?? never once have I seen a llama on a backpacking trip.....I don't think it's done in the Sierra.....who knows.

Beta for sure!! and I think, paaaaaaaaaaaaages back, you wrote the nicest post about back issues, and I meant to bookmark it, and did not....... :ph34r: I was just so upset for many days after the diagnosis. Doing better now. But my back is killing me tonight - egads. Off to bed - it will be better in the morning....I think? :huh: But I am so encouraged to know that your back improved and your life goes on....

'night all!

AndreaB Contributor

The following is an intro into from the website my doctor referred me to to learn more about the ASYRA/LED treatments. If anyone is intersted click on the link at the bottom of this post, then go to the bottom of the page and click on the right link for more into on ASYRA/LED treatments.

Digital homeopathy is a difficult concept to understand. It is even more difficult to write about - but this is the future of Medicine so I'll give it a try. A two hour presentation that covers my understanding of this technique is available on DVD or tape. The website (digibio.com) of the late (and likely future Nobel Laureate) Jacques Benveniste MD provides irrefutable scientific proof that vibrational exchange is the language of biochemistry - this is the concept that underlies the paradigm of homeopathy. We were taught that the molecules that we administer to you, drugs, vitamins, hormones, co-factors, etc., "work" by binding to specific receptors on the cell membrane, triggering a change within the cell - a "drug" or biological effect. This is the structural matching paradigm. When you think about it, it makes sense for our cell membranes to have specific receptors for hormones, vitamins, and other "normal human" substances, but does it makes sense for our cells to have receptors for drugs? Why should Mother Nature or Evolution provide us with receptors for molecules that haven't been invented yet?

In the vibrational paradigm, the paradigm of homeopathy, the molecules that we give you, as well as the molecules produced in your body, the molecules that govern your physiology, work not by binding to a specific anatomic receptor on the wall of a cell, but instead by emitting an electromagnetic signal, vibrating at a specific frequency, termed resonance frequency, that can be sensed and responded to by the cells of your body.

Drugs work not by binding to the cell, but by getting close enough to the cell such that their resonance frequencies can be picked up and responded to. If this concept is true, that vibrational exchange is the language, the mechanism, of our biochemistry and physiology, then it follows that giving you a therapeutic molecule would not be necessary, if we could instead give you the resonance frequency of that molecule.

In the second diagram, on the left, within the structural matching theory, if we want to block the action of an agent (ligand) we administer to you a molecule (in red) that blocks the receptor for the ligand. The ligand cannot bind to the receptor so the cell cannot respond to the ligand. In the homeopathic paradigm, we understand that it is the frequency emitted by the treatment molecule (in red) that is blocking the receptor, that would otherwise be stimulated by the frequency given off by the ligand. In homeopathy we do not bother to give your the molecule that emits the frequency of interest; we simply give you its frequency, but in concentrated, or "potentiated" form.

Homeopathic preparations contain only the frequencies once emitted by a therapeutic agent. A solution of a therapeutic molecule is diluted over and over again, to the point where no molecules of the original substance remain. All that is left is the frequency given off by the molecule in question, now in concentrated form. As it is the frequency that is getting the work done, the more dilute the homeopathic preparation, the greater will be its concentration of frequencies, the more powerful will be the therapeutic effect of the homeopathic preparation.

The physics by which serial dilution concentrates frequencies is difficult to understand. Suffice it to say that removing from solution a molecule that once emitted a frequency creates an entity called a hyperproton, basically concentrated energy (I get into this more on the DVD). Dr. Benveniste demonstrated that the frequency given off from a given therapeutic agent could be recorded, digitized, e-mailed across the Atlantic, and then "played" to a biological system to generate a biological effect - the same effect that would occur if the original molecule was administered in intact form. This is digital homeopathy. In digital homeopathy it's all about the frequency; its not about the molecule that emits the frequency.

A number of means exist by which you can be treated with specific frequencies. The Asyra (a EAV - Electro Acupuncture according to Voll device - contains thousands of specific frequencies in the hard drive of a computer. These frequencies can be transmitted into you, across your skin, as probes, for evaluative purposes. To treat you, specific frequencies can be imprinted into a vial of otherwise inert homeopathic carrier solution. When you place drops of the imprinted solution under your tongue, the specific frequencies enter your body, distribute through your energetic nervous system, and stimulate your cells to respond. A laser of specific frequency can be passed through a vial of the imprinted solution, and will carry the therapeutic frequency into the energetic nervous system through acupuncture control points on the surface of your ears, palms, and the soles of your feet (the basis for Dr. Lee Cowden's LED - Laser Energetic Detoxification - therapy.

Open Original Shared Link

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Susie,

Those llamas you need to be careful with! :unsure: They sure do spit! HEINOUS! Llamas will have a goober the size of Texas in your hair before you know it! Never turn your back on them! Evil is what they are! :P

I always get annoyed at people who baby talk to their children and animals. They wonder why they grow up stupid? Hello! :blink: My mother goes around saying things like "Him's a pretty booooy!" (Too bad there is no gagging emoticon!) That would be perfect for this instance. People should get arrested for that crap!

It is one thing to baby talk a bit. However, there should be a limit. People who own dogs have trouble getting dates. We spend our time standing out in the yard saying "Go poo-poo, go poo-poo!" Gee, I cannot figure out why we do not appear attractive to members of the opposite sex either! :rolleyes: Most of the time, when I am out with the dog, I just say "Crap already! I have stuff to do! Stop looking stupid and staring at me!"

Sincerely,

Jin

AndreaB Contributor

Here's another little snippet from somewhere else.

The ASYRA system
tom Contributor
. . . . . .The yeastie beast has been too happy with me racheling peanut butter! I am cutting myself off!

Do not get discouraged. The lottery is not the world's easiest thing to win. All you can do is try!

Blech moldbutter!

My Powerball forays were just because I thought we needed a Rachelville Health Fund. It's too frustrating to see multiple ppl not getting tests or procedures because of stupid money. :(

And hey, seemed like a good time of year for good luck.

Now it's back to rarely playing whenever it's up to $200million.

Is feta goat cheese? I tolerated fat-free feta before. It is great for a Greek Spinach Salad! I would not mind trying some goat cheese again. Mozerrella is one of my favorites. Is it a cow or goat cheese?

Feta & Mozzarella are from cow's milk. Just about all cheeses are defined as cow.

I think Chevre is one that defined as goat. And there's another that's only sheep I think.

BUT! . . . . I was holding some goat feta today at WhF!! Locally made - well up out of the desert, but not far.

I'll try it sometime, just not right before a trip. Half a display case of goat cheese at WhF.

I so loved this Dutch Goat Gouda a couple yrs ago - Polder Blanc!

mftnchn Explorer

Hi, Jin. Yep, I pop in and out sometimes, not enough to keep up with all the posts. Glad to hear you are better, Christine. Hope we'll hear the same from Mia soon too.

Since the first of the month, my brain fog has pretty much stayed away, yeah!! Mostly all I am dealing with is the shoulder/neck pain and stiffness. So I am guessing that a lot of my problems at least since May were due to the lyme coming back and are getting back under control. I'd like to lose the pain, but ah well. Patience!!

Currently I am testing grains and legumes. Went free for a week, now testing. Rice gave me a mild reaction, soy is much stronger reaction. Neither give me obvious abdominal symptoms. I'll test corn next, although I am worried that I may still be getting corn in some form in my pills. :huh:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

The ASYRA testing is pretty amazing! Just look at all it can test for! That is pretty neat! :) I bet they would find a lot wrong with me! Molds I am sure will show up. I even have a skin reaction to them!

Dear tom,

Yes, the peanut butter has sucked me in again! I just love that I stay full for so long. Normally, I am hungry all the time! However, I know it is not the smartest thing to eat with Candida. I was doing so well for a while, but missed it so much!

I am surprised that feta is from cows. I probably should not be, though! :lol: I do alright on cheese. That does not irritate my stomach. I always got sick from making smoothies. I do not know if it was the whey protein powder or not. Yogurt was in them, though. That definitely hates my system. :(

Well, at least you tried to help the Rachelville Health Fund. That is important in itself! Caring is helpful. The good energy will come back to you eventually. Maybe soon you could win. I saw this episode of 20/20 about how people make their own luck and think positive to bring good things their way. I am very superstitious (most witches are). Today worries me, because it is Friday the 13th. :unsure:

Dear Sherry,

It is wonderful to hear the brain fog has lifted! I would not be surprised if the legumes bother you. Many people do not tolerate them too well. Most people at the very least have gas from them. I seem to tolerate them as long as I do not eat them more than a day or two a week, and not in a row.

Sincerely,

Jin

diamondheart Newbie

Andrea ~ Thanks for the info on Asyra. I'll have to check out that website when I have more time. I've got the drops, and I never do well with taking drops. If I know more about what they are for, I'll more likely take them.

Dear Susie,

Those llamas you need to be careful with! :unsure: They sure do spit! HEINOUS! Llamas will have a goober the size of Texas in your hair before you know it! Never turn your back on them! Evil is what they are! :P

Noooooo, llamas are not evil! I've always had the best llamas when I've gone llama packing. The place I rent from trains their llamas really well. They might spit at each other, but I've rarely seen that happen too. Have you had a bad experience with llamas? I just think they are soooo cute, but they don't like to be petted.

Claire

mftnchn Explorer

Oh, boy. The soy is definitely a problem!! Not too much as far as abdominal symptoms though. Sinus, flushing, headache sore throat, asthma, tingliness in face and mouth, irregular pulse, and just a bit of mild abdominal cramping. 9 hours after eating I am still quite symptomatic.

There's goes my wheat-free soy sauce! :huh:

rinne Apprentice

Hi, I'm back after a few dull days of being undisciplined. :ph34r:

I'm off to catch up, see you soon.

Thanks Mom. :wub:

dlp252 Apprentice

Great news Alison (no tick bite!).

Really great news to hear our dear Susie up and climbing again! Yay!

Jin, thanks, I'm feeling much better. I've been sleeping very well since my day off and I think that is helping.

I finally sang my solo in front of my choir director and one of the other girl's husband...did okay...now my next test is singing in front of the band. :P

I've decided to take that break I was talking before. I spend WAAAAYYY too much time in front of the computer and I really need to cut back, so I'll pop in and out to read a bit, but probably won't spend a lot of time posting. My main time will still be while I'm at work, but probably not quite as much. I'm trying to get up and away from my desk more here too. And, well, at home there is just soo much I really need to do instead of sitting in front of the computer.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Well, imagine that!

They don't know what to do with the front either, or the brain, or the bowels, or...

Ain't that the truth! :lol::lol::lol: Except for my LLMD ... he knows everything! :D And, he's willing to put his reputation and career on the line to treat people like me. :)

Many people slept with their babies next to them. My Dad used to sleep with me on his chest when I was an infant. His heartbeat calmed me. If you ask me, something else seems to be causing SIDS.

I'm not up on the numbers anymore since my youngest is 9, but I remember reading way back then that the SIDS rate was lower for babies who slept next to their parents. The only time I would recommend against it is if someone was drinking, sick, or on medication/drugs. Any time one of us bothered the baby, she started screaming! I also had a basinet by the bed.

Some people think SIDS is related to vaccines ... also shaken baby syndrome ... some people may not have shaken their babies at all ... poor things, lose their child through no fault of their own then go to jail.

I always get annoyed at people who baby talk to their children and animals.

That is so funny! I used to talk to my babies just like I talk to anyone else, no baby talk or small words, just normal talking!!! My friends thought it was hysterical.

I'm off to catch up, see you soon.

Uhh, you might not want to catch up. :unsure:

I finally sang my solo in front of my choir director and one of the other girl's husband...did okay...now my next test is singing in front of the band. :P

YAY! Congratulations!

I've decided to take that break I was talking before. I spend WAAAAYYY too much time in front of the computer and I really need to cut back, so I'll pop in and out to read a bit, but probably won't spend a lot of time posting. My main time will still be while I'm at work, but probably not quite as much. I'm trying to get up and away from my desk more here too. And, well, at home there is just soo much I really need to do instead of sitting in front of the computer.

I've been trying to do this, too. I'll be here every day, but not all day, every day. :P Of course, when I'm herxing, I'll be here a little more than when I'm not.

I'm still having my herx ... it's very strange. I'm functional, not fatigued like normal. I still have some muscle aches, but I can live with that. I've also had some minor joint pain off and on. The main symptoms are all babs symptoms -- heart palpitations, air hunger. I think these didn't used to bother me so much during a herx because all I could do was lie down ... but now that I'm up and moving around, I'm noticing it. I do tire easily.

CarlaB Enthusiast

-

Lisa Mentor

Personal messages are just that - PERSONAL and the contents should not be discussed on the full board without the consent of those involved. Thank you.

Archived