• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

2Boys4Me

gluten-free Angel Food Cake

Rate this topic

I found a recipe for Angel Food Loaf in a Bette Hagman book. I wonder if anyone has tried it and how does it taste?

Does anyone have a fool-proof recipe to share?

I use the gluten free pantry's mix. I've done sponge cakes from scratch (the kosher brand of potato starch has a great recipe on the box) Good luck with the recipe,I haven't tried it.

L.

You won't be able to tell the difference from gluten cake, because the egg whites give the texture to the cake.

I found a recipe for Angel Food Loaf in a Bette Hagman book. I wonder if anyone has tried it and how does it taste?

Does anyone have a fool-proof recipe to share?

hi , a few months back 2 recipes were posted for angel food cakes, one is on the back of swan potato starch flour the other was one I had taken off the internet both were tnt and excellent

I have also tried the bag one, and found it good but a little gummy and sticky after first day , mine did not do that .

If you can not find the tnt recipes I will send it to you or repost . my email is arose1951@aol.com

rosie

my daughter made an angel food cake using bette hagman's featherlight mix and a recipe out of our betty crocker cookbook----it turned out really well.

christine

I have an angel food cake recipe that I love! It is not as airy as a traditional angel food but the taste is out of this world!

Hez

PS- I can post the recipe if someone wants it.

I have an angel food cake recipe that I love! It is not as airy as a traditional angel food but the taste is out of this world!

Hez

PS- I can post the recipe if someone wants it.

Is the texture more like pound cake or something? Once upon a wheat filled time, I made a white cake with my girl scouts from scratch and they forgot the baking powder. It was like low cholesterol pound cake :)

Would you mind posting the recipe, maybe?

There seem to be alot of steps but it is really quite easy! Enjoy :)

Angel Food Cake

7 egg whites

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup potato starch flour

1/4 cup corn starch

1/3 cup sugar

3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring

Bring egg whites to room temperature. Sift together powdered sugar, flour and cornstarch (the sifting is essential in this recipe). In large glass or metal (not plastic) mixing bowl place egg whites, cream of tartar, salt and almond flavoring. With mixer on high beat until well blended. Continue to beat adding the sugar slowly. Beat until sugar is dissolved and whites form stiff peaks. With rubber spatula gently fold in the flour and powdered sugar mixture (about 1/4 at a time). Folding just enough so the flour disappears. Pour batter into ungreased 9" tube pan and cut through with spatula to break any air bubbles (have no idea why you do this step). Bake in 375 degree oven for 35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and cool in the inverted pan. Remove cake when completely cool.

Thanks for posting the recipe. Though I love Gluten free Pantry brownies and many other products of theirs, I was seriously underwhelmed by the angel food cake.