• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

jkmunchkin

Namaste Chocolate Cake Rocks!

Rate this topic

Someone had made a cake for me with Namaste once and it was incredible, so I promptly went and and got a bag of the mix to keep on hand. I decided to make myself a cake the other night, with vanilla frosting. If you haven't tried this mix yet it is a must!! First off, it couldn't be easier to use. All I had to do was add oil, water and eggs.. mix it and put it in the oven. I brought some to work with me yesterday and several people ate it with every single one saying it was great and 1 person even said it tasted just like Duncan Hines!

If you can't find it in a store near you I definately suggest ordering it from Namaste Foods and keeping it on hand for next time you need (or want to) make a cake.

Judy even you would have no problem with this one. LOL!!!

I agree as it is my favorite brand. I always keep a couple of bags in the freezer. If I am making it to take someplace for desert, then I make it three layers as it looks so wonderful that way. People can't believe that it is gluten-free.

Jillian & Armetta-Thanks gals.

Jillian, so appreciate your special note to me :lol:

It sure does sound easy.

Do you guys know if it has 'soy or dairy' in it.

Maybe one of you has the package.

I went to our celiac seminar on Tues nite and they had all these cakes and cookies the ladies baked and they all tasted sooooo good. A room full of all gluten-free food and samples. Like going to gluten-free heaven.

then the next day was so sick, the 'd' was back and then Thurs nite had some gluten-free chocolate pudding from trader Joes and some cabbot whipped cream on top...just a treat hadn't been eating any deserts lately. The big water 'd' and cramps etc. in bed 4 hrs in the afternoon and went to bed at 10-7 next day and then 4 hrs the after noon.

They did serve that cake and think it was a spice cake from Namaste and it really was the best to taste.

now back to just 4 'basic food groups'

I will be trying again to cook this cake when my tummy gets better.

thanks for sharing and have to agree...it was the best so far.

judy in philly

Jillian & Armetta-Thanks gals.

Jillian, so appreciate your special note to me :lol:

It sure does sound easy.

Do you guys know if it has 'soy or dairy' in it.

Maybe one of you has the package.

I went to our celiac seminar on Tues nite and they had all these cakes and cookies the ladies baked and they all tasted sooooo good. A room full of all gluten-free food and samples. Like going to gluten-free heaven.

then the next day was so sick, the 'd' was back and then Thurs nite had some gluten-free chocolate pudding from trader Joes and some cabbot whipped cream on top...just a treat hadn't been eating any deserts lately. The big water 'd' and cramps etc. in bed 4 hrs in the afternoon and went to bed at 10-7 next day and then 4 hrs the after noon.

They did serve that cake and think it was a spice cake from Namaste and it really was the best to taste.

now back to just 4 'basic food groups'

I will be trying again to cook this cake when my tummy gets better.

thanks for sharing and have to agree...it was the best so far.

judy in philly

LOL!! I thought you'd appreciate the shout out. <_<

Here are the ingredients: Ingredients:

Evaporated cane juice, sweet rice flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, rice milk powder.

And I also figured I'd attach the link to their site.

https://www.namastefoods.com/shopping/store...i?Category=Home

I've been eating cake all weekend!!! (Even my extremely picky husband snuck a piece last night).

Thanks for the recommendation! I just bought some yesterday to make for a family function this coming Saturday! :) I got the Cherrybrook Kitchen Chocolate frosting to go on top. :) Can't wait to try it! :)

Guest Lucy

This is my favorite brand too! I make the spice cake as well and add carrots to it with cream cheese frosting. YUMMY! My husband brought it to work and they all wolfed it down. Doesn't "taste" gluten free at all.

Oooo...sounds good! I adore their blondies :) And have a spice cake mix I've been waiting to use...

Just wanted to add that we too LOVE the Namaste spice cake mix. My dad makes spice cake muffins for the kids, and puts craisins and about a cup of minced carrots in there too. The kids don't even know that the carrots are in there. My two year old actually chose a spice cake muffin over a sucker the other day, so that should tell ya how great these taste! They are really moist too, and don't dry out in a day or two like most of the gluten-free food we make.

Judy in Philly

Have you considered trying the http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info/ diet. It has been very popular in Australia and is a great way of identifying any other food intolerance you possibly might have. :rolleyes:

If you know what you intolerances are Sweet Alternative by Ariana Bundy www.chefariana.com was recently a great find for me her book is soy, dairy and gluten free. She has some lovely sorbet recipes, a delightful un-cheesecake, raw honey florentines, French macaroons, pistachio and raspberry financiers, pink peach and quinoa crumble, molten chocolate cake etc. You can hear my oven has had a great work out.

I don’t personally gain financially by the selling of the book. I just really enjoy baking and have found her book a real delight to the taste buds.

Hope it helps. Hope your body quickly sorts itself out. :)

you're so sweet to send this.

will ck it out soon. just sent a pm

I haven't been on line much as 'giving' Scott fits with my 'computer email notifications' so not getting any notifications of who answers my posts...we're trying to work it out. i can't still post but if anyone wants to get a message to me 'quickly' just pm me.

i'm goint to enable my email too till my computer problem is fixed.

thanks to you all.

you are the best.

judy

are you all buying Namaste online or does whole foods carry it?

Whole Foods doesn't carry it (maybe we should ask if they will). But I have found a few stores near me that have it so I buy it there.

Check out: www.namastefoods.com

Although one of the stores I buy it at isn't on here.

One huge advantage is that my Whole Paycheck is the landmark store. The place is massive!!!!

Yea--I would hazard a guess that the one I go to in Marlton is one of the smaller ones. <_< Once in a while, I'll go up to Princeton, which is much bigger.