• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

lapetit8

Starbucks Gluten Free Drinks

Rate this topic

Hi,

I've heard that most of Starbucks drinks are gluten free. But, I was wondering if there new (at least I think its new) drink, the banana coconut frappuchino, is gluten free?

Please let me know. Thanks!

you would have to call on that one... they dont have a list or anything and i think it is too new for anyone to know...unless someone else has already called. sounds yummy though! i would worry that they probably use toasted coconut flakes and those could contain gluten but who knows

They do put frosted coconut flakes on the top, but it would be easy enough to leave them off.

They offered me a sample of it last time I was there, but I hadn't read the ingredients. The banana syrup is thick like the strawberry syrup is. The strawberry is gluten free, so I would guess the banana is, but I'm going to read the ingredients when I give it a try to be sure.

The frappes with the chips are usually the ones that are not gluten free of their usual drinks.

I have not yet received an e-mail from Starbucks so I decided to call their customer service number today. They said that usually the only frappuccinos that are not gluten free are the ones that contain chips. However, since the banana coconut frappuccino is a new drink they have not determined whether or not it is gluten free. In about a week, they will have all of the nutritional information on this drink but in the meantime they recommend that people with Celiac Disease avoid it.

So, I will probably contact them again in a week or so to see if they have any updated information.

They've been really good about letting me read ingredients in Starbucks. If you're comfortable determining on your own, I'm sure they'll get all the packaging and let you read the ingredients. It sure would be easier though if they could just tell us!

Ok, so I just wanted to let everyone know that I contacted Starbucks again today and they finally have all of the information regarding this drink. The banana coconut frappucino is gluten free.

Thank you! I've been waiting to hear back from you! I read the ingredients, but there were "natural flavors." I wonder what took them so long! Hopefully the drink won't be discontinued before we get a chance to get one!! (note sarcastic tone ...) I think it's their annual summer special.