Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gfp

Alba Therapeutics Announces Phase Ii Trial For Zonulin Antagonist At-1001

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060921/nyth024.html?.v=66

BALTIMORE, Sept. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Alba Therapeutics Corp. today announced that it had dosed its first patient in a Phase II trial for the treatment of Celiac Disease (celiac disease). In October of last year, the FDA granted "Fast Track" designation to AT-1001, an orally administered zonulin receptor antagonist for treatment of Celiac Disease.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

yay! i wish there was something i could do to help the process along!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

yay! i wish there was something i could do to help the process along!

sweetfudge-if you are a biopsy proven celiac and want to register for their clinical trials, you can go to their website www.albatherapeutics.com.

It is exciting! Hearing him speak in person and really understanding it gave me a lot of hope.

I'm cautiously optimistic. "Fast Track" always worries me though...

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

I am trying not to get my hopes up. However, I really would love the freedom of travel, eating out and going to friends houses without the worry of being really sick.

Hez

It is designated fast track because there are no other "cures" or "remedies" for Celiac. Any disease that doesn't have a cure, and has promising research, would be eligibile fast track status. And by fast track, it still means years....

One of Dr. Fassano's first publications on zonulin (which is part of the premise behind the drug) was in 2001...(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10801176&dopt=Abstract) which meant his research was going on for years before that, plus the time to publish it. It still has to go through each step of the approved FDA process. So, while fast track sounds good, it does not mean they are rushing through, but more of cutting through some of the red tape for diseases that have no other known cure.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder...tools/Accel.cfm