Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

In 1992 I was listening to "Wee Sing Bible Songs."

Shouldn't that say ''We'' (but ''wee'' is funnier :lol: )

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

:):D:lol:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

I am soooo confused... :huh:

In 1992 I was listening to "Wee Sing Bible Songs."

Shouldn't that say ''We'' (but ''wee'' is funnier :lol: )

Nope - Joeyfool is right. It's Wee as in little kiddies. Not the Wee that is ever present in our thread.

Joy - If your biopsy said DH - I don't think you have to have a blood test. Can anybody back me up on that? Is that right? Do you know what your skin biopsy said? And as you leave, make sure you get a copy of any tests they've done (whether they did the right ones or not!)

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Nope - Joeyfool is right. It's Wee as in little kiddies. Not the Wee that is ever present in our thread.

Wee = little kiddies

Wee = urine

and, so often,

urine = little kiddies

How's THAT for philosophical syllogisms 101? :lol:

Joy - If your biopsy said DH - I don't think you have to have a blood test. Can anybody back me up on that? Is that right? Do you know what your skin biopsy said? And as you leave, make sure you get a copy of any tests they've done (whether they did the right ones or not!)

Joyful, not sure if you've had a skin and/or an intestinal biopsy, but what can be said for sure is if you've had a skin biopsy done and it has confirmed DH, you have celiac. :(:(

OKAY! BACK TO SILLINESS!! QUICK!!!

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Wee = little kiddies

Wee = urine

and, so often,

urine = little kiddies

How's THAT for philosophical syllogisms 101? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A very nice combination of logic and language!!!!

D'oh how did I not mention this earlier?

I was in an accident on the freeway last night!!

I can laugh about it Now . .. .. .aw heck I was laughing about it THEN! :lol:

It's stop'n'go traffic but it seems to be over & going 40-50mph. (You kilometer weirdos have to fend for thineselves!)

Suddenly I gotta be on the brakes!! Then stomping harder tho it's abs. I stop in time and 1 second later some clown hits me from behind hard enough that this sidekick on my lap and stuff from the door storage slot land by the brake pedal!

Since we're all stopped anyway, except the carpoolers a few feet to my left, I storm out to go look at the damage.

<hard gaze w/ an obligatory couple palm-swipes> Nary a scratch. The aforementioned bozo is rolling down his window and I give an exaggerated shrug and yell "it's FINE!"

Checked it under a streetlight a few minutes later and still saw nor felt damage. (Ok Em, give it to me. Something there must be wrong)

Ooh Ooh! ".. ... and again, no damage seen nor felt." (Better?) :lol:

Went to Shelly's (short-time omgthreader) for dinner & guitar. Both kids fun but the 2yr old is constantly either climbing me or gripping my finger, pulling me to my guitar case, as he hasn't yet learned the word encore and has no access to a Bic. :lol: They crack me up.

Uh-oh memory lapse. Is the Yeti (eddie to a few Ottawa blues aficianados) in transit yet?

I doubt he's using all of his luggage allowance. Has anyone looked into him helping to offset expenses as a courier? He could even specialize in maximum-weight baggage!! :)

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

D'oh how did I not mention this earlier?

I was in an accident on the freeway last night!!

I can laugh about it Now . .. .. .aw heck I was laughing about it THEN! :lol:

GAH! Tom! Are you sure you're ok??? You can't say you were in a wreck and then go blathering on about your CAR! Men. Sheesh. You have to follow that up immediately with a reassurance that you were uninjured! Like this--

I was in an accident onthefreewaylastnightbutit'sokI'mfine.

Went to Shelly's (short-time omgthreader) for dinner & guitar. Both kids fun but the 2yr old is constantly either climbing me or gripping my finger, pulling me to my guitar case, as he hasn't yet learned the word encore and has no access to a Bic. :lol: They crack me up.

You sure there wasn't an invitation offered to the 2 year old to pull said finger?

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Superb recovery, Tom. Well done....!! ;):)

Uh-oh memory lapse. Is the Yeti (eddie to a few Ottawa blues aficianados) in transit yet?

I doubt he's using all of his luggage allowance. Has anyone looked into him helping to offset expenses as a courier? He could even specialize in maximum-weight baggage!! :)

I think most airlines probably have a maximum weight allowance for passengers as well as luggage, and if you surpass the body weight restriction, they tack it onto your luggage. Yeti-Eddie weighs what...six, seven hundred pounds? Don't think he can be taking anything with him. :rolleyes:

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

GAH! Tom! Are you sure you're ok??? You can't say you were in a wreck and then go blathering on about your CAR! Men. Sheesh.

:lol:

You have to follow that up immediately with a reassurance that you were uninjured! Like this--

I was in an accident onthefreewaylastnightbutit'sokI'mfine.

(Oops I DID leave out the ER part didn't I?) :lol: NONONO!!

:lol: but OK . .. ..sorry I strayed from the female protocol. Richard!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!

Steve?

"SYRAH!!"

<did he hear that?>

So, Psere-agh, my recounting of laughing about the accident a mere handful of words later isn't enough to quell scary thoughts? Perhaps all sense had been knocked clear outta the ole noggin w/ the collision, leaving a cackling bloody madman, destined to wander gated communities in bandages & pajama bottoms, amusing & befuddling a variety of nosyinquisitive townspeople?

You sure there wasn't an invitation offered to the 2 year old to pull said finger?

:lol: drat!! I meant to cover that! :lol:

No such opportunity! Maybe it's the eating healthier than 99.9% of the population.

Is that too high? Should I only claim a mere 99%?

P.S. Oh! Another thing I forgot to proudly mention!!

I got CARDED again last night!!

The guy was old, but not as old as I.

I'm not too fond of that sentence

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

P.S. Oh! Another thing I forgot to proudly mention!!

I got CARDED again last night!!

The guy was old, but not as old as I.

I'm not too fond of that sentence

Tom, it doesn't count if you get carded at a bar that cards EVERYONE!!!! LOL

I have a friend I was talking to on the phone a couple years ago and she told me she had hit a deer ... well, I grew up eating game and asked her if she threw it in the back of her car and took it to the butcher! She said, "Thanks for asking, I'm fine." :lol: I said that I knew she was fine because she was talking to me on the phone ... glad it was no big deal.

Okay, I can brag, too .... my 12 year old daughter's friend whose mom was driving her home saw me step outside .... she asked my daughter if I was her older sister. :D

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

This is for a kid's school project ... if you see this tonight, what kind of pie do you like?

Maybe it's the diabetes, but my favorite(s) are main course, non-sweet pies...tourtiere, chicken pot pie, etc. Haven't had any of those since the celiac diagnosis... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Emily

Maybe it's the diabetes, but my favorite(s) are main course, non-sweet pies...tourtiere, chicken pot pie, etc. Haven't had any of those since the celiac diagnosis... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

gluten-free 12/05

Maybe it's the diabetes, but my favorite(s) are main course, non-sweet pies...tourtiere, chicken pot pie, etc. Haven't had any of those since the celiac diagnosis... grrrri rrrrrrrrr.......

Fellow Canuck, where are your U's?????

My favourite is Raspberry but I haven't had one since being diagnosed. Hmmmm, I think I need to search for a gluten-free pie crust to make myself a raspberry pie. I am a bad diabetic :ph34r: !!

Fellow Canuck Canadian, where are are your U's?????

My favourite is Raspberry but I haven't had one since being diagnosed. Hmmmm, I think I need to search for a gluten-free pie crust to make myself a raspberry pie. I am a bad diabetic :ph34r: !!

Another Canadian in SillyVille. :blink: I did not know there were three of us! And all three of us both celiac and diabetid. OMG! We better check the Yeti's citizenship. If he's also a Canadian, he may need to be tested for celiac disease and diabetes. Can you give insulin to a Yeti?

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Another Canadian in SillyVille. :blink: I did not know there were three of us! And all three of us both celiac and diabetid. OMG! We better check the Yeti's citizenship. If he's also a Canadian, he may need to be tested for celiac disease and diabetes. Can you give insulin to a Yeti?

Wow, do all Candadian celiacs also have diabetes? Or is it all Canadian diabetics have celiac?

Thanks for the pie responses. :)

gluten-free 12/05

So, Psere-agh, my recounting of laughing about the accident a mere handful of words later isn't enough to quell scary thoughts? Perhaps all sense had been knocked clear outta the ole noggin w/ the collision, leaving a cackling bloody madman, destined to wander gated communities in bandages & pajama bottoms, amusing & befuddling a variety of nosyinquisitive townspeople?

:lol: Nope, that's not quick enough, it has to be immediate! ........ wait a second. :blink: ..... gated communities.... :huh: SUSIIIIIEEEE! Guess what! :lol:

No such opportunity! Maybe it's the eating healthier than 99.9% of the population.

Is that too high? Should I only claim a mere 99%?

Speaking of healthy diets....

One of Ezra's teachers asked me today if a gluten-free diet is "really healthy." And I said, Oh yes, it's perfectly healthy, blah blah blah, and started to go into a detailed explanation about ingredients, etc. She stopped me and said, "No, I mean can you lose weight on it?" ......

"Err... not so much."

I realized later that she asked me this because, today I sent a chocolate cupcake to school with Ezra... I think she was thinking- Atkins with cupcakes. :lol:

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

This is for a kid's school project ... if you see this tonight, what kind of pie do you like?

Key Lime . . . . mmmmm (insert drool emoticon here)

Apple (preferably my mom's)

Lemon Merengue (sp?)

In that order . . . I could list more if you want . . . not that I think about pie too often. :rolleyes:

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Thanks for the pie responses ... my friend collecting them seems to be offline now. :)

New avatar .... me with my sandbox. :D

gluten-free 12/05

As a Saskatchewan girl (who's still THRILLED that we won Grey Cup), I have to post this now that I have the actual wording to it:

Did you hear... Winnipeg is making a new bra? All support no cup!!

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Hi sillies,

Just the most furtive and quiet little halloooo from dingy here. Been quite a week, and I'm not sure if I"ve lost my mojo or just my sense of humoUr, or both?????????????? ZOIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

Not a happy time here. But, it will be okay, one day soon. There is actual grief going on here.....issues. A dear friend's mom died.......other things.

Dear GAWD, so sorry to interject such lamentation into the silly thread.

Carry on, goofballs. I shall check in when I have retrieved my mojo or whatever 'tis that I've lost.

:)

p.s. did I mention they cut down "my" whole thicket of eucalpytus trees? heinosity upon heinosity.

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

What were the results of the biopsy?

Skin biopsy??? (as opposed to small bowel biopsy)

Plus (I'm sure you know) but if you've been gluten-free for any length of time it will skew any bloods testing for celiac disease <_<

The biopsy came back as probable for DH.

Apple!!!!!

joyful

Gluten free since 11/13/07

Change blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything. Creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle and then you choose. You can live in the wreckage and pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.

(slightly edited quote from Veronica Mars)

p.s. did I mention they cut down "my" whole thicken of eucalpytus trees? heinosity upon heinosity.

When I was in high school they cut down the "thicket" behind my house. I sat on a tree stump and cried while the construction workers laughed at me.

Tom, my dad thought that you asking me if I had an older sister was hilarious.

And now, the funny story of the day:

I attend a small Christian Liberal Arts college, where we have chapel two times a week. If there are events coming up there is usually a student-produced video shown before the service starts. Today, it was 5 ways NOT to get a date for the Christmas banquet. Last night my younger sister and my boyfriend were adamant that I attend chapel today.

In the video...

#3: No Biblical pickup lines are to be used.

The video cuts to my boyfriend and my sister talking.

BF: For you, I would work seven years. And then, I would work seven more years for your sister.

S: *awkward look* :huh:

If you don't recognize it, google the story of Jacob, Rachel, and Leah.

joyful

Gluten free since 11/13/07

Change blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything. Creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle and then you choose. You can live in the wreckage and pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.

(slightly edited quote from Veronica Mars)

As a Saskatchewan girl (who's still THRILLED that we won Grey Cup), I have to post this now that I have the actual wording to it:

Did you hear... Winnipeg is making a new bra? All support no cup!!

~ Lisa ~

Yay! Sports jokes!!!

Pop in anytime num1Lisa!!

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Tom, my dad thought that you asking me if I had an older sister was hilarious.

Football-loving single aunt maybe? :lol:

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07