Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

ummm, maybe I didn't read carefully enough ;) , but where's the yeti in that?

:lol: sneaky reference to another thread!

Seems generic is in a different trial - one w/ 5 groups?

So it's not enough for our Yeti to Lead our parade through blizzards, stay at our homes and repeatedly have Emily measure his inseam - now we must include him in our EVery POST??

(I DID think I saw the 1992 Ottawa Blues Festival's Official Program showed a tall hairy fellow on bass for one of Dylan's opening acts. Must've been Bob's mumbling that led to him being misidentified as 'eddie')

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom, all I can say is that your versing (n. sing.: written verse, particularly for musical scores) makes every bit as much sense as Dylan's did, or ever has.

:lol:

Heehee I've got the sheet music in front of me and it actually follows the structure & cadence pretty well <Ed Grimley voice> "I must sayyyy" :o<_<

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Heehee I've got the sheet music in front of me and it actually follows the structure & cadence pretty well <Ed Grimley voice> "I must sayyyy" :o<_<

Well, hey, hey, now!.....check out MY cadence, stress and metre in my chorus...I'm figgering it's not too off, considering I didn't have the sheet music in front of me (just singin' it in my head).... :lol::lol:

I KNOW TO WHOM YOU'RE REFERRING!! That's the very Bluesfest I was at, 1992, and the Tibetan diplomat that was part of our entourage kept saying, (in very poor English, I must admit), "That big hairy man on big guitar...he look like mountain creature from my country"....over and over. I just kept correcting his grammar and shushing him. It all makes perfect sense, now....

:rolleyes::D

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Tom-nope only 10 pages and the end to my reign. I was married during my reign as Queen and my King needs some attention so I must past my crown to the next lucky Queen or maybe a King! A first for Sillyville!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Ok- just lost my whole post- AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The yeti is coming to me for the weekend? Excellent- my niece turns 2 on Sunday and BOY will she be surprised when she sees him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Ok, I fell asleep ridiculously early tonight, and now I'm up at 2am and can't sleep. :rolleyes: And noooobody's here! *sigh*

Guess I'll do some laundry... maybe make cupcakes... I'm a little wired from my back pills. All that puking and diarrhea last week made my back flare up. <_< Vicodin makes everyone in the world sleepy- except me. It makes me bounce off the walls. I am so backward.

Amanda, yes the Queen's consort must not be neglected! How is he feeling, by the way? Pneumonia resolved, I hope?

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

The yeti is coming to me for the weekend? Excellent- my niece turns 2 on Sunday and BOY will she be surprised when she sees him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, I wonder if he knows how to do face painting and make balloon animals?

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Tom-nope only 10 pages and the end to my reign. I was married during my reign as Queen and my King needs some attention so I must past my crown to the next lucky Queen or maybe a King! A first for Sillyville!

Is your king feeling better? This warm-one-day-cold-the-next weather can't be helping very much :angry:

Well--perfect timing, then! :D Yes, most excellent when you show up with the Yeti--I'll send him with a nice, respectable outfit for the kids....Mark won't miss it, believe me, and it will be much more suitable than the shell bikini ;):lol:

Ok, I fell asleep ridiculously early tonight, and now I'm up at 2am and can't sleep.

I hate when that happens--so, did you get a lot done? :P

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I hate when that happens--so, did you get a lot done? :P

Yes I did!!! :lol: The kids and hubby were out of the way... Makes me wish I didn't need to sleep!

-Sarah

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

Mornin' all!

There was an unveiling of sorts up here, and I think I know where our yeti was when he went unaccounted for last week. Looks like he was out west doing some modelling....

http://www.vancouver2010.com/mascot/en/profile_q.php

Gee, I guess it didn't take them much time to rip the shell bikini off him and get him into snowmobile boots and a tuque... :lol:

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

Hey, I just noticed something...Is that a tattoo on our yeti's arm?! A tatto of an inukshuk?....mygawd, what have they done to him?...

Emily

Actually the king is slowly starting to feel better, he went back to work last week. One good thing about the pneumonia..John has quit smoking, and this coming Friday will be 3 weeks!!!!

This warm-cold day is annoying. It's going to be December, let it just get cold so we can get used to it.

36_22_10[1].gif

Mornin' all!

There was an unveiling of sorts up here, and I think I know where our yeti was when he went unaccounted for last week. Looks like he was out west doing some modelling....

http://www.vancouver2010.com/mascot/en/profile_q.php

Gee, I guess it didn't take them much time to rip the shell bikini off him and get him into snowmobile boots and a tuque... :lol:

Well, it's nice to know he's got a payin' gig once he's done painting everyone's ceilings and working a few birthday parties.

BTW - I think they must have done some retouching on the photo shoot. Don't you think he looks younger and slimmer?

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

One good thing about the pneumonia..John has quit smoking, and this coming Friday will be 3 weeks!!!!

Wow--that part is good news! :D

Patti

How's the Yeti holding up?

He likes the cold--all that fur :P

I think he's getting bored, I have him helping me hang pictures. It'll be fun for him at Bev's niece's birthday party--much more excitement.

Patti

Well, it's nice to know he's got a payin' gig once he's done painting everyone's ceilings and working a few birthday parties.

BTW - I think they must have done some retouching on the photo shoot. Don't you think he looks younger and slimmer?

I do think so. In fact, they've really stylized him to look like some cute stuffed animal--it's no longer the yeti we know and love. They've absolutely added some hair extensions and air-brushed some fat away.

Emily

I do think so. In fact, they've really stylized him to look like some cute stuffed animal--it's no longer the yeti we know and love. They've absolutely added some hair extensions and air-brushed some fat away.

Yeah, really....a Yeti with cheekbones and pecs :o

Patti

I agree a party will be fun for the yeti. I wonder if they will have a pinatta there....he can hold it!

36_22_10[1].gif

I KNOW TO WHOM YOU'RE REFERRING!! That's the very Bluesfest I was at, 1992, and the Tibetan diplomat that was part of our entourage kept saying, (in very poor English, I must admit), "That big hairy man on big guitar...he look like mountain creature from my country"....over and over. I just kept correcting his grammar and shushing him. It all makes perfect sense, now....

:rolleyes::D

ROFL :lol: :lol:

"like mountain creature from my country"!! LOL I hear it in Latka's voice, from Taxi. :lol:

Not that I enjoy the dreaded combo of correcting people & the accompanying void of dates, but that's not entirely true. <_<

Did King Richard make a wrong turn during a parade? :o

Goodness I hope he hasn't been abducted!! Any unopened mail at the Royal Palace? Perhaps something w/ the address 'written' in meticulously-snipped letters from assorted magazines? (Speaking of which - I think my December copy of Yeti Fancy must have gone to the Phx apt. Grrrrr :angry: )

Would the Queen please have a trusted subject or two go look for a possible ransom note?

Regardless, even if I'm blessed w/ the 1st post of p.400, I'll never be King. Lord was suggested ~p.299, but Prince, or some unpronounceable symbol would also be acceptable. (Overlay these into one?

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

I am soooo confused... :huh:

In 1992 I was listening to "Wee Sing Bible Songs."

I saw my dermatologist yesterday. She is no longer my dermatologist.

To quote my mom, "The woman at the front desk knew more than she did."

She never did the blood test for Celiac...just the biopsy. WTH!?! :o:blink:

Now I have to get that test done. If it turns out that I do not have DH, then I'm back at square one with annoying breakouts on my arms and legs. :angry:

joyful

Gluten free since 11/13/07

Change blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything. Creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle and then you choose. You can live in the wreckage and pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.

(slightly edited quote from Veronica Mars)

She never did the blood test for Celiac...just the biopsy. WTH!?! :o:blink:

Now I have to get that test done. If it turns out that I do not have DH, then I'm back at square one with annoying breakouts on my arms and legs. :angry:

What were the results of the biopsy?

-Sarah

She never did the blood test for Celiac...just the biopsy. WTH!?!

Skin biopsy??? (as opposed to small bowel biopsy)

Plus (I'm sure you know) but if you've been gluten-free for any length of time it will skew any bloods testing for celiac disease <_<

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif