This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Mtndog Collaborator

Or at least hold your tummy while you're laughing!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator
Bev, I know I missed a lot, but do you have mono? I knew you weren't feeling well. :(

Well due to the exhaustion I experienced, they think it was a relapse (I've had it before) but they couldn't test for it because once you have it you always have the antibodies in your system. But based on my system, that's what they think it is. I'm feeling much better now!

jerseyangel Proficient
Well due to the exhaustion I experienced, they think it was a relapse (I've had it before) but they couldn't test for it because once you have it you always have the antibodies in your system. But based on my system, that's what they think it is. I'm feeling much better now!

Oh, ok--I'm glad that you're feeling better! I remember you not feeling well, and right when I came back, you had posted about having a good day--so I just missed the relapse part.

You sure have had more than your share this past year.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

:lol::lol: Gotta get a Toot Tone for hubby :lol::lol:

Loved the Spiders on Drugs!! (my favourite was the stoned one who built a hammock!! :D )

Patti!!! No Laughing!! :lol:

Susie! - are you still procrastinating about the heinous task of cleaning?? (I bit the bullet , grit my teeth and actually got some done today!! :lol: ..ironing too :blink: )

..so this is for you Susie!

Mtndog Collaborator
Loved the Spiders on Drugs!! (my favourite was the stoned one who built a hammock!! :D )

I love the crack spider popping a cap in it's *&%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so darn funny!

Mtndog Collaborator
:lol::lol: Gotta get a Toot Tone for hubby :lol::lol:

Susie! - are you still procrastinating about the heinous task of cleaning?? (I bit the bullet , grit my teeth and actually got some done today!! :lol: ..ironing too :blink: )

..so this is for you Susie!

OMG! That video needs to be shown to EVERY man in the world! I love the warm, soapy water with a drop of vanilla essence. I may actually try that!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd - - - that cleaning video almost made me SICK - - blech - - watching people clean ( or just be around) disgusting stuff like that is too much for me - - :huh: I couldn't finish it, once they showed him stripping the bed - - - - EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

But anywho I managed to do some successful cleaning, thank you Nikki. :)

I am off to Monterey today, just for the day. That's six hours of driving. Sheesh. A gathering for a dear friend who died, but I am not staying overnight.

catch y'all later. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator
I am off to Monterey today, just for the day. That's six hours of driving. Sheesh. A gathering for a dear friend who died, but I am not staying overnight.

catch y'all later. :)

I hope it goes OK, my condolencesa again. :(

We'll try to find something to crack you up for when you get back.

Mtndog Collaborator

SusieQ- Have you heard about this?

Open Original Shared Link

DingoGirl Enthusiast

"death rabbits??"

:lol: Bev, what the heck is FRISKY DINGO???? I do like the name...... :P I have two frisky and fluffy and freshly-bathed dingos here. SO nice and clean-smelling, we washed the stinky beach smell right off. They went to grandma's today (secret visit, DO NOT tell my stepfather) and she nearly puked at their stench. :lol:

gotta go, Golden Globes coming on! :)

Mtndog Collaborator
"death rabbits??"

:lol: Bev, what the heck is FRISKY DINGO???? I do like the name...... :P I have two frisky and fluffy and freshly-bathed dingos here. SO nice and clean-smelling, we washed the stinky beach smell right off. They went to grandma's today (secret visit, DO NOT tell my stepfather) and she nearly puked at their stench. :lol:

gotta go, Golden Globes coming on! :)

It's some new show on Cartoon Network. i just saw an ad for it and googled the title cuz it cracked me up!

JackieM Newbie

u hooo it's just me, one of the newbies, probably not at all sure of what she is doing. :blink: I was looking over the SillyYak posts, and Dingogirl told me to take a look at it. The jingles were a hoot. How about some poetry? If you don't mind I would like to post a poem that I wrote several years ago. I am terrified of spiders, actually even the mention of them gives me the heeby jeebies. Anyway one morning, I saw this little spider on the ceiling of my bedroom. I figured this was about as good as any time to confront my fears and lo and behold, I came up with this little itty bitty spider poem. (I'm still terrified) Ok here ya go.

Little spider on the ceilin'

Don't cha know just what Im feelin'?

Can't you see I'm so afraid! :o

So get on outta here before I grab the Raid!

....ok I'm done now

Ya know I'm taking my chances here, you might want to give me walking papers after this..lolol :P

nikki-uk Enthusiast

JackieM!! HELLOOOOOOOOO!!!

I am soo excited..someone new to play with!! :lol::lol:

Step inside this weird, wacky, downright silly thread!! :D

Little spider on the ceilin'

Don't cha know just what Im feelin'?

Can't you see I'm so afraid! :o

So get on outta here before I grab the Raid!

Oh I love it!!! :D ...hate the hairy little monsters!!!

JackieM you are WELCOME to this thread (the more the merrier!).....we all need some laughs ;)

Jestgar Rising Star

Umm, Jackie?

This is a very exclusive thread and you are only able to join if you're willing to risk peeing your pants laughing.

It's a big commitment, so take some time to think about it.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Ya know I'm taking my chances here, you might want to give me walking papers after this..lolol :P

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :lol: Love your poem Jackie....I, too am slightly terrified of spiders and inseects (inside the house although once an EX boyfriend threw a DEAD dragonfly from my windshield wiper at me and screamed and actually punched him, so even dead ones outside scare me :huh: ) so welcome and as Nikkie said, YAY! someone else to play with ! :)

WHERE IS RICHARD AND WHEN"S HE COMING BACK????????

Umm, Jackie?

This is a very exclusive thread and you are only able to join if you're willing to risk peeing your pants laughing.

:lol::lol::lol:

Mtndog Collaborator
Umm, Jackie?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jackie- I BURST out laughing! That was a freaking riot!

It reminded me that last night we tried to watch Snakes on a Plane because for months after we heard that it was coming out, my hubby and I would walk around imitating Samuel L. Jackson "There's Motherf*&%^n SNAKES ON THIS PLANE!"

We were so psyched to watch it and just laugh and about thirty minutes in my hubby couldn't take it anymore (it was after those MF snakes bit a guy in his hoo-hoo :P

Mtndog Collaborator
Umm, Jackie?

Have I told you lately that I love you!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
We were so psyched to watch it and just laugh and about thirty minutes in my hubby couldn't take it anymore (it was after those MF snakes bit a guy in his hoo-hoo :P

so are you saying that you could not watch it because it was not funny, or you could not watch it because a snake bit a guy in his hoo-hoo?? :o:lol::lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

I teach writing for a job, so here is one of my favorites....NOT MY STUDENTS :P

Analogies and Metaphors Found in High School Essays

(or, 'How to Write Good'...)

Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one

of those boxes with a pinhole in it.

She grew on him like she was a colony of E-coli and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.

She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree.

The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife's infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM.

The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.

McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.

From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 pm instead of 7:30.

Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 pm traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 pm at a speed of 35mph.

They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan's teeth.

John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.

He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.

The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.

The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for awhile.

Oh, Jason, take me!"; she panted, her breasts heaving like a college freshman on $1-a-beer night.

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that as actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.

He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.

She was as easy as the TV Guide crossword.

Her eyes were like limpid pools, only they had forgotten to put in any pH cleanser.

She walked into my office like a centipede with 98 missing legs.

It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.

Mtndog Collaborator
so are you saying that you could not watch it because it was not funny, or you could not watch it because a snake bit a guy in his hoo-hoo?? :o:lol::lol:

BOTH! But it was my hubby, not me! He couldn't take it! 2 of his least favorite things- flying and snakes! SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.

Yeah, I hate when that happens

DingoGirl Enthusiast
From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 pm instead of 7:30.

oh dear gaaawd I love these metaphors, but the one quoted above is proof that they're written by grownups, I think, because what student KNOWS what time Jeopardy comes on :lol::lol::lol:

(except Bev's, of course)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
She was as easy as the TV Guide crossword.

Oh heck..must be a an international rule or something....and there was me feeling soooo clever because I finished it ! :lol:

Great Bev!! :D:D

JackieM Newbie
Umm, Jackie?

Ok, I'll think about it......................... I'm up to it Jestgar! I don't see the requirement would be all that difficult! :lol: Whew, I was sweatin bullets thinkin I might be sent on my merry way after that little lymeric of mine. Excuse me nicki, pardon me Jestgar, may I squeeze by ya to find my seat? :) oops, I think I just passed the requirment... :o...just kidding (maybe)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Ok, I'll think about it......................... I'm up to it Jestgar! I don't see the requirement would be all that difficult! :lol: Whew, I was sweatin bullets thinkin I might be sent on my merry way after that little lymeric of mine. Excuse me nicki, pardon me Jestgar, may I squeeze by ya to find my seat? :) oops, I think I just passed the requirment... :o...just kidding (maybe)

Archived