This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Mtndog Collaborator
Hmm..with duress, I will work on that issue. If I can e-mail a pic to someone, could they work to post this pic? Computers and I don't understand each other. And, I am please to do what I do. Karen so wonderfully found the best, most glamours goose that I have ever seen.

My father always said to me "the expectation is always greater than the realization". In this case, how true.

I will work on the realization. :rolleyes:

email it to me. You know where I live :lol::P:ph34r:

Here's a Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lisa Mentor
email it to me. You know where I live :lol::P:ph34r:

Here's a Open Original Shared Link

She's beautiful, but I love mine more....it might be hard to give her up. Old Dogs, New Tricks, yada, yada.

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
Ahhh, sweety, it's all in the mystery ;)

...and the wind. :ph34r:

Mtndog Collaborator
...and the wind. :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Ahh... so I'm not alone in this? Tom Cruise and those guys do nothing for me. Brad Pitt was GORGEOUS in Legends of the Fall, but then he wore off.

Too 'clean cut'

I have to add the guy that plays Kovac in ER (dreamy!)

I may have to dye my hair darker ... I usually go very blonde in the summer, but darken a bit in the winter because I'm so pale. But with the antibiotics I'm on for the next couple years :ph34r: , I'm not allowed to go in the sun without #35 .... Brunette, wouldn't that throw everyone for a loop?!!

Hey Carla!! (been following your progress on OMG BTW )

I too have been thinking of going darker - dunno if my pale skin can take it though :blink:

I agree, we need a picture of the Goose.
Definitely!!!

My father always said to me "the expectation is always greater than the realization".

:lol::lol::lol: ..I love that saying!!!

Makes me think of christmas day!! :D

nikki-uk Enthusiast

.....in the meantime a little something for Richard .

jerseyangel Proficient

Wo-ho!!! Richard would want to see that :lol:

Plus, he needs to get back here soon--"Lost" starts again in 2 weeks! ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mtndog Collaborator

That's so COOL! Bring on the kilts! i'd wear one if it didn't remind me so much of 12 years of wearing a very ugly uniform in Catholic school!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Plus, he needs to get back here soon--"Lost" starts again in 2 weeks! ;)

Is it that time again?..so soon, where I try and follow what's going on through varying clips ('cos I don't get ''Lost'' on my cheap channel package :( )

That's so COOL! Bring on the kilts! i'd wear one if it didn't remind me so much of 12 years of wearing a very ugly uniform in Catholic school!

Never had the legs for it myself!! :blink:

CarlaB Enthusiast
She's beautiful, but I love mine more....it might be hard to give her up. Old Dogs, New Tricks, yada, yada.

You can leave your goose up as your avatar and put your picture up on your personal page.

Bev, I've met someone like that one time, with that natural almost white hair. She was from Holland, and was hard to hate because she was nice, too. She spoke something like 7 languages ... I was in Mexico studying Spanish, my second language, and she was learning Spanish through English, her second language!

Thanks for the blonde comment, I've always been blonde. This color was natural pre-children, now I have to pay for it. :P

CarlaB Enthusiast

I too have been thinking of going darker - dunno if my pale skin can take it though :blink:

Right now mine is dark on the underneath ... a dark brown, but I wanted more of a red color ... then I have some more darker lowlights than either of my pics. I need a more current picture up there, but there all on hubby's computer.

Thanks for following my progress. The meds are kicking in and killing off the bad guys ... and making me feel REALLY bad!! I sent out an email to everyone with the details, you know those on the OMG thread wanted details!!! I posted some general info on the board, so if you want details PM or email me.

CarlaB Enthusiast

My grandfather's parents came over from England. I don't know if that's why I have this pale skin ... but what I can't really figure out is even though it's pale, I get a nice tan, though not really dark like some get. My grandfather was always really tan, but he lived in Florida. With his icy blue eyes (with stick straight eyelashes that I've seen on other English people) I would expect he probably had the pale skin, too.
nikki-uk Enthusiast
My grandfather's parents came over from England. I don't know if that's why I have this pale skin ... but what I can't really figure out is even though it's pale, I get a nice tan, though not really dark like some get. My grandfather was always really tan, but he lived in Florida. With his icy blue eyes (with stick straight eyelashes that I've seen on other English people) I would expect he probably had the pale skin, too.

Mmmmm, must be an English thing!! My eyelashes are distinctly straight :lol: ..and although I tan ok I go very pale in the winter <_<

Hope you start to feel better soon Carla, - it's been a long 'ole ride for you :(

CarlaB Enthusiast
Mmmmm, must be an English thing!! My eyelashes are distinctly straight :lol: ..and although I tan ok I go very pale in the winter <_<

Hope you start to feel better soon Carla, - it's been a long 'ole ride for you :(

Thanks.

I always thought the straight eyelashes were an English thing!! :lol: Seems like most of the people I've met from England had them.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Ahh... so I'm not alone in this? Tom Cruise and those guys do nothing for me. Brad Pitt was GORGEOUS in Legends of the Fall, but then he wore off.

OMG - truer words could not be spoken! what is it with that???? Tom doesn't even register on the radar - - and Brad, totally gone after Legends............. :lol:

Quietly raises her hand........errr ME.....kilts are creepy. :ph34r:

What?????? :lol: Well maybe you jsut need to attend a Scottish games situation to really see why we love the kilts......... ;)

No, they're just the three women I'd pick if someone said I had to wake up looking like someone else (Penelope Cruz #1) :P

or Audrey Hepburn :rolleyes:

My choice for Blondes would be:

Open Original Shared Link

OMG, so in agreement iwth all of this except Charlize - - - she doesn't do a thing for me plus she seems rather full of herself. Oh, adn I have girl crushes on Penelope and Robin Wright Penn...... :lol:

Ahem....we need a picture of the Goose. We've waited long enough :P

Yes, a picture of The Goose! :)

If I HAD to wake up looking like someone else!! Miss Iceland? I didn't know there were brunettes in Iceland?!! Brunette must be the "new blonde"!!!

Hi Carla! Nice to see you here! Hey, did you guys notice, that if there's ever any mention of hair, Carla shows up??? :lol: Okay. for the record, Iceland is loaded with fair-skinned Brunettes, you sillies!

...and the wind.

:lol:

haaaaaaaa! girls in kilts, Richard should enjoy that!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

and WHERE IS richard? doesn't he start goofing off at work again today? :P

Oh, you know who else is really hot? Sam Sheppard. OMG. and also, there is a British actor whom I love, he played Mr. what's-his-name in the A&E version of Jane Eyre - - Carla will know.

can't think who else. more later. must shampoo carpets today. I would like to post a photo of my newlly-finished living room here, but all instructions on doing that thing where you post and hit the little globe thing and all of that rubbish have failed me. :wacko: oh wait, I will check this book that I have.

Mtndog Collaborator

Carla- HANG IN THERE! I'm sure it's GOT to be tough. I can't imagine what all those drugs are dong to you. :(

And yes- you are truly a good blonde. I also thought of Cameron Diaz and Nicole Kidman (blonde/red/strawberry blonde?) and Renee Zellwgger (she's so cute and perky!).

Nikki- Me too- chubby knees :ph34r:

I thought of Jude Law too- not so much in real life, but in Cold Mmountain, oh my! :rolleyes:

SusieQ- Girl crushes...that's so funny. I have them too...Angelina, Penelope and Salma. I was over a VERY conservative, sort of shy friend's house one night with her and her hubby and we were grilling him about who his virtual girlfriend would be. He said Halle Berry and she, after 3 glasses of wine said she'd cheat on her hubby with halle Berry. We were DYING laughing!

OK...I have a question about skin and eyelashes. I'm English,

Irish and French but everyone thinks I look Italian. My hair is really dark (naturally anyway :P) and my skin gets REALLY DARK in the sun but I'm pretty pale in winter. Weirdest thing was when I got my genetic test results back, my celiac gene was the Mediterranean one.??????

Mtndog Collaborator
and WHERE IS richard? doesn't he start goofing off at work again today? :P

I know- the nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, you know who else is really hot? Sam Sheppard. OMG. and also, there is a British actor whom I love, he played Mr. what's-his-name in the A&E version of Jane Eyre - - Carla will know.

can't think who else. more later. must shampoo carpets today. I would like to post a photo of my newlly-finished living room here, but all instructions on doing that thing where you post and hit the little globe thing and all of that rubbish have failed me. :wacko: oh wait, I will check this book that I have.

Oh yes... Sam Sheppard is lovely. And Liam Neeson :wub: :wub:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

OMG!! GIRL CRUSHES!!!! LOL!! :lol::lol::lol:

Richard will enjoy that discussion!!!! :lol::lol:

OMG. and also, there is a British actor whom I love, he played Mr. what's-his-name in the A&E version of Jane Eyre - - Carla will know.

MR ROCHESTER!!!

Oh my I LOVE THAT FILM!!! (In a 'be still my beating heart ' kind of way!)

Is this Open Original Shared Link??

HOT, HOT, HOT !!!!!!

Nikki- Me too- chubby knees :ph34r:
Y' know!!! *sigh* :lol::lol:

Irish and French but everyone thinks I look Italian. My hair is really dark (naturally anyway :P) and my skin gets REALLY DARK in the sun but I'm pretty pale in winter. Weirdest thing was when I got my genetic test results back, my celiac gene was the Mediterranean one.??????

:blink::blink:

Who knows???

You're probably a mixed bag of european short eyelash ,chubby knees, pale skin (but only in winter!) genes like me!!!

B)B):lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
VERY conservative, sort of shy friend's house one night with her and her hubby and we were grilling him about who his virtual girlfriend would be. He said Halle Berry and she, after 3 glasses of wine said she'd cheat on her hubby with halle Berry. We were DYING laughing!

OMG, so funny, I also have girl crush on Halle, and forgot to mention, I am still deeply in love with Audrey, :lol: may her lovely soul rest in peace.

Bev - you MUST be Italian! I, too, am English, Irish and French, also Scottish and 1/4 Norwegian. I can no longer tan AT ALL - - I am not kidding, could sit at the equator in a bikini (yikes! banish the thought! :o ) and come back with only a nice, surface layer of crispy cancer but no tan. :huh: so - are you quite sure of your genetic lineage?

wait - must read Nikki's post - - - -

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Nope, Nikki, that's the wrong guy.....lemme see if I can find him. ;)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

okay this is the guy

appears he's Irish. I LOVE him, crooked teeth and all. :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

...While we're on a Georgian theme ....

I like Open Original Shared Link Mr Darcy!

SWOON!!! :wub:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
...While we're on a Georgian theme ....

I like Open Original Shared Link Mr Darcy!

SWOON!!! :wub:

OMG SWOON indeed! :wub: I am deeply in love with Colin Firth. He is, in fact, being suggested (my idea!) as the actor to play the husband in the film to be made about one of my dear friend's lives.....true story! The woman for whom I occasionally work, Linda Caine, wrote a book that was a bestseller in England. As we speak Linda is in London meeting with the screenwriter for the movie (we are so excited!) and he has some important connections......they are talking of Ralph Fiennes as the shrink and Kate Winslet to play Linda. :rolleyes: BTW I highly recommend this book to any of you who've suffered with depression or any mental ills, I read it in the darkest period of my life, and threw up a prayer to God that I would love to meet this woman......well, not only did I MEET her, she is one of my dearest friends, and in fact, I have a key to her house. ;) oh yeah, her two dogs are my girls' boyfriends. :)

[link to her book: Open Original Shared Link .com/Out-Dark-Linda-Caine...TF8&s=books

okay, sorry to get serious on our nutty thread. Back to lunacy! :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hi Carla! Nice to see you here! Hey, did you guys notice, that if there's ever any mention of hair, Carla shows up??? :lol: Okay. for the record, Iceland is loaded with fair-skinned Brunettes, you sillies!

:lol: Yes, that may be somewhat true, but I did show up before hair was mentioned. I wasn't feeling good and this thread was quiet anyway ...

Archived