This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fourty Something Women

Guest Floridian

Guest Robbin
Oh yeah, I like Harrison Ford too! I even liked him in "Regarding Henry" where he got shot in the head and became a nice guy. And I loved him in Star Wars and in The Witness. I like the remake of Sabrina and the original with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart.

Did you see the one called "Random Hearts" with Harrison Ford? Omgosh, I loved that movie. Also, what about the oldies? Anyone a Woody Allen fan--the old Woody--like Manhattan? One of my all-time favorites is a movie by Woody Allen-he isn't in it-Mia Farrow stars in it, called "Alice" William Hurt is in it and it is soo funny. I don't know anyone else that knows that movie--Anyone???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Alfred Hitchcock's "The Lady Vanishes" and "The Thirty-Nine Steps!"

Guest Robbin
Alfred Hitchcock's "The Lady Vanishes" and "The Thirty-Nine Steps!"

Oh yeah, Hitchcock, now were talking my language, lol. I love "Rear Window" , and the ones with Cary Grant--(brain fog here tonight, lol) "North by Northwest"? and ooooh, "Suspicion" .

I collect all the oldies, and cannot remember them half the time, so each one is a "new" experience after a couple of years, lol.

Can't be age, can it???!

Ursa Major Collaborator

Isn't Woody Allan doing comedies? I HATE comedies, and never watch them. :rolleyes: I like movies that have funny parts, as well as sad etc., you know, like real life. But I can't stand a movie that is supposed to be funny all the way through.

One problem may be, that in movies I think parts are funny that others think are not, and when they're laughing I wonder why. :unsure: So, in comedies I wonder 'why' all the way through. :blink:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Did you see the one called "Random Hearts" with Harrison Ford? Omgosh, I loved that movie. Also, what about the oldies? Anyone a Woody Allen fan--the old Woody--like Manhattan? One of my all-time favorites is a movie by Woody Allen-he isn't in it-Mia Farrow stars in it, called "Alice" William Hurt is in it and it is soo funny. I don't know anyone else that knows that movie--Anyone???

Robbin....no...have never heard of it.....sounds very random - - Woody Allen - I think I can handle him for about 15 minutes and that's it. :huh: Except I think there WERE some of his movies that were more entertaining than others...can't remember what they were - yup, brain fog :blink:

North by Northwest - OMG that was fantastic - all the Hitchcosks - haven't seen any in years.

Um, the one I just watched? Syriana? I have absolutely NO idea what it was about...who was who......who worked for what agency...I watched it 1.5 times and STILL had no idea what was going on..... :lol::lol::lol: but I think it was really good....really well-done....I just don't know what it was about

:lol:

Guest ~jules~

Okay ladies let me just if you look up sexy in the dictionary Johhny Depps pic. is there. Okay mathew machoney is good lookin, but Depp takes the cake for me. Shortly following in this order, Russell Crowe, George Clooney, Collin Farrell, and I seem to have this strange mob-type attraction to Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, tee hee hee ;) And that long awaited kiss in the 2nd pirates was just hot, one of those pent up ones you've been waiting for since the first flick....lol.......

jerseyangel Proficient

Susan and Ursula,

I also loved Sabrina (the H. Ford one) :) Charming!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
And that long awaited kiss in the 2nd pirates was just hot, one of those pent up ones you've been waiting for since the first flick....lol.......

Even though she was using it to handcuff him? :o

dlp252 Apprentice

Late to the party as usual, lol. Favorite movies...I tend to like purely entertainment type movies...nothing too deep for me...love action, romance, etc. Favorite movies: The Three Musketeers (with Charlie Sheen and Keifer Sutherland), The American President, Eraser, Broken Arrow, any of Harrison Fords action stuff like Air Force One, Pirates of the Caribbean, and LOVE While you Were Sleeping, Speed, the list goes on and on, lol. Haven't seen 50 first dates, but it looked cute.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Okay ladies let me just if you look up sexy in the dictionary Johhny Depps pic. is there. Okay mathew machoney is good lookin, but Depp takes the cake for me.

I'd have to agree,I mean Matthew McConechy is ok,but far too clean cut.I like 'em mean and moody,and ......well a bit rough round the edges!!! :ph34r::lol:

Favourite film,um...well there's so many

Dirty Dancing (bit slushy I know)

Cool Hand Luke

Saving Private Ryan

There are more I'm sure but I like so many movies! :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG Jules - - Matthew Mc was my deep love for so long - I was even an extra in a movie with him in San Francisco (Ed TV) years ago....saw him on set, was just a few feet away from him at one point - nearly fainted....these days, though,whenever I see him on anything, he just looks dirty and stinky - people say he doesn't bathe very much - ew..... :huh:

Besides - he's been replaced - the new photo on my fridge is Dr. McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey - go figure!) - oh my gawd - - sexiest man alive (I just KNOW he'll be the one on People mag whenever they do that).....I also find De Niro extremely attractive - very sexy .....also am in love with the younger Robert Duvall - heck, he's even sexy now - another favorite movie - - SEcondhand Lions - adorable - and how can I forget one that I have seen about 12 times - Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson - Something's Gotta Give - I cry every time....can relate to her dating angst.....

OMG Nikki - - am putting highlights in hair today - - using foil - lifting color completely and then adding dark ash blonde - - - am so scared - help me!!!! :o:lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
I'd have to agree,I mean Matthew McConechy is ok,but far too clean cut.I like 'em mean and moody,and ......well a bit rough round the edges!!! :ph34r::lol:

Favourite film,um...well there's so many

Dirty Dancing (bit slushy I know)

Cool Hand Luke

Saving Private Ryan

There are more I'm sure but I like so many movies! :D

Last picture I saw of Matthew Mc. was pretty scruffy. He had a beard ... didn't suit him at all ... neither did the spandex work out shorts ... worst pic I ever saw of the guy.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Last picture I saw of Matthew Mc. was pretty scruffy. He had a beard ... didn't suit him at all ... neither did the spandex work out shorts ... worst pic I ever saw of the guy.

Yep,I see that picture,but he's just not pulling off that 'bad boy,mean and moody' look so he just ends up looking...scruffy!

CarlaB Enthusiast
OMG Jules - - Matthew Mc was my deep love for so long - I was even an extra in a movie with him in San Francisco (Ed TV) years ago....saw him on set, was just a few feet away from him at one point - nearly fainted....these days, though,whenever I see him on anything, he just looks dirty and stinky - people say he doesn't bathe very much - ew..... :huh:

Besides - he's been replaced - the new photo on my fridge is Dr. McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey - go figure!) - oh my gawd - - sexiest man alive (I just KNOW he'll be the one on People mag whenever they do that).....I also find De Niro extremely attractive - very sexy .....also am in love with the younger Robert Duvall - heck, he's even sexy now - another favorite movie - - SEcondhand Lions - adorable - and how can I forget one that I have seen about 12 times - Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson - Something's Gotta Give - I cry every time....can relate to her dating angst.....

OMG Nikki - - am putting highlights in hair today - - using foil - lifting color completely and then adding dark ash blonde - - - am so scared - help me!!!! :o:lol:

Be sure you lift it completely, no more orange hair around here!!!!!

I LOVE Second Hand Lions!!! It's hysterical! One of my friends thought the boy was overacting ... no way!! That's how that age boy acts!!!

Guest Robbin

SUSAN---OMG --ROBERT DUVALL--Yes!!!! AND He lives near me!!!!!! No kidding!!!Did you see the mini series, "Broken Trail"?????

Oh, and Nikki--yes-- Dark moody bad boys, for some reason, I love em too!! Are we secret "bad girls" like our alter egos or something?!! B)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG Robbin - he lives near you??? I am in love with him.....evidently he has gotten really into Tango dancing in the last several years, owns property in ARgentina, has Argentinian wife, I think? Where does he live? Could we do some "light" stalking? :lol::o:lol:

Carla - will lift the color all the way this time - - my hair - I am a very dark brunette (well - it's half-gray now) and it always turns slightly reddish - I hate that! A man complimented my "auburn/reddish" hair the other day, and I said, wait, does it really look reddish?? Dang. :angry: in certain light, it does...

Am so scared to do highlights...... :o

CarlaB Enthusiast

I just had my hair dyed auburn/reddish! The bottom part anyway. The top has reddish lowlights. But she had to add my normal ash blonde color (a level 7 for those who know that kind of thing) to the auburn so it didn't turn orange with all that bleach we had been using. But next time I get the pure red color. Well, with some blonde highlights.

jerseyangel Proficient

Susan--I have dark brown hair, and used to have it highlighted. The stylist used to have to bleach the hair to be highlighted until it was the color of spaghetti--it took a little longer than she always thought and she had to keep checking it until it was right. You have to be so careful not to turn orange :o

dlp252 Apprentice
I am a very dark brunette (well - it's half-gray now) and it always turns slightly reddish - I hate that! A man complimented my "auburn/reddish" hair the other day, and I said, wait, does it really look reddish?? Dang. :angry: in certain light, it does...

Am so scared to do highlights...... :o

Me too...although I think I am all the way gray now...don't know, haven't seen natural hair color since my 20s, lol Anyway, my hairdresser managed to get me some blond highlights...in fact for a while last summer I was almost all blonde! :lol:

lonewolf Collaborator

You are all so brave to color your hair! I'm afraid it will make it fall out more if I do anything. But now I'm getting a little gray around the temples and a bit in my bangs, I'm considering trying something. I have regular brown hair with a few blond and red highlights, brought out by the summer sun. Any suggestions on what I should try? I would have my friend, who is a hairdresser, do it for me. She isn't good at coming up with ideas though, just does what I ask.

CarlaB Enthusiast

When mine doesn't process as fast, my stylist puts me under a hair dryer. Heat helps.

Be forewarned, bleach is pretty damaging ... that's what got me away from it. You might want to just lift it with some color.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
You have to be so careful not to turn orange :o

I have no business doing this myself..... :lol::lol::lol:

Liz, definitely get your friend to do it.....if I had tons of money, I'd have it done every four weeks, but that is $100 a month....makes me mad and so I WANT to figure out how to do it MYSELF!! :angry:

Guest Robbin

Susan, yeah, he has a ranch here in Hunt country, I don't know about his wife, but he co-owns a restaurant in The Plains, not far from me. I haven't had the nerve to "spy" though, lol. By golly, though, I might go to the restaurant some time soon and see if he is hanging out there. My neighbor said he is there pretty often in the winter.

Hey, red hair--omgosh-I have auburn hair and the only thing I have found to tone it down is the ash browns. Any lighter and I am Ronald McD red! A friend of mine just colored her hair the most hideous shade of red -looks like raggedy ann red, lol. She thinks it is funny and plans on keeping it. She is kind of an "out there" gal anyway :lol:

Oh, and remember Susan, IT STAINS WALLS!!!!

dlp252 Apprentice
When mine doesn't process as fast, my stylist puts me under a hair dryer. Heat helps.

I always have to sit under the dryer, lol...my hair is stubborn...it wants to be gray and I won't let it. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
You are all so brave to color your hair! I'm afraid it will make it fall out more if I do anything. But now I'm getting a little gray around the temples and a bit in my bangs, I'm considering trying something. I have regular brown hair with a few blond and red highlights, brought out by the summer sun. Any suggestions on what I should try? I would have my friend, who is a hairdresser, do it for me. She isn't good at coming up with ideas though, just does what I ask.

I would just do some highlights a shade or two lighter than your natural shade around the face. Maybe even pick two colors, on two shades lighter, one one shade lighter. Definatley be sure it's done where the grey is. :) And definately have your friend do it!! I wouldn't do much more than that. Of course ... we haven't seen your picture!!

Archived