Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Floridian

Fourty Something Women

Laura, that sounds like a great deal for you! Don't be too nervous about the job!

I guess technically I am old enough to be your mother :blink::o You were probably born the year I graduated from HS!! :blink: Now, stop biting your nails, it's a foul habit! :lol:

At 65 I'll have to start a thread about walkers, canes, bath tub hand helpers, eyeglasses and false teeth..and if my teeth don't get better I'll be needing those suckers instead of nail polish and face cream :lol:

Judy

I cracked up when I read this--judy, you're too much :lol:

PS--Judging from your picture, you're doing something right B)

Yep, lots of DC people live in Fredericksburg but its quite the commute. But it is a great area! Luckily my job is near Ft. Belvoir and we'll live in Fairfax. Still, traffic is a nightmare in general up there. My dad just retired from the Navy after 38 years this summer (that is where my avatar picture was taken) and my brother is in the Navy now also. My dad was at the pentagon when I was younger (we were stationed in NoVA twice-so I actually remember the area somewhat) I'll be a civilian at a DOD agency. My mom is ABD in psychology so I joke that I'm following in both of their footsteps!

Carla...1981 was my big year. So you were a young mother ;) We can even lie and say you were a REALLY young mother.

Floridian...I'll probably post the night before the new job in a panic! AHHH!

Carla...1981 was my big year. So you were a young mother ;) We can even lie and say you were a REALLY young mother.

Yep, that was the year! We'll just tell the truth ... you were adopted!

Oooh, can I jump in here too? I'm 43 - I actually meet the criteria for the thread!

I rarely wear nail polish because I'm a grown-up tomboy, sigh... My mother still wonders if I'll outgrow it. :D

I graduated from high school in 1981 too!

Okay, I'm not a forty-something any more, either, but hey, since you're accepting women older than me in this thread, I guess I can be here, too.

So, to answer a question somewhere, I never wear nail polish, especially not on my toes. :blink: And I hate long finger nails, as I am uncoordinated, and if I wouldn't scratch one of my new grandchildren, I'd likely put a welt on my own cheek at some point. :rolleyes: My finger nails grow too fast, so I cut and file them frequently.

Laura, that job sounds fabulous, I hope you'll enjoy it. I'm sure you'll do great.

Ursula-Thanks for the encouragement! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. Its nice to have a job that is more career focused, and will be using my hard-earned M.S.

After all the craziness (and still ongoing craziness) with my health, it is nice when *good* things happen. Reminds me that not everything in life has to be so difficult. Its one of those "count your blessings" moments.

Patti-No wonder you reminded me of my mom when we talked that day :)

We used to have a group at church for "30's and 40-ish" aged couples. One of my friends is married to a man who is over 50 and we always referred to him as the "ish". So, maybe we could call all of you slightly over or under 40's "ish's"?

Patti, I'm so glad you have a good sense of humor! :D Think of it this way, you can still call yourself 40-ish. My youngest son, when he was learning to count, would say, "49, 40-10, 40-11, 40-12", etc. So that would definitely include you!

Oh, and thank you for the welcome Patti and Carla!

Patti, I'm so glad you have a good sense of humor! :D Think of it this way, you can still call yourself 40-ish. My youngest son, when he was learning to count, would say, "49, 40-10, 40-11, 40-12", etc. So that would definitely include you!

Oh, and thank you for the welcome Patti and Carla!

I like how your son thinks! ;)

Well, this 40's-ish woman is signing off to watch 'Desparate Housewives' ~ talk to you all later :D

Have fun Laura and Patti. :P

Liz,

I like the way your son counts (or counted) too. :lol:

I remember when I was in my early 20's and thought that 35 was fairly old. I made a comment to a co-worker, who was 35 at the time, and she laughed and said, "35 is young! Just wait a few years and you'll realize just HOW young it seems." Well, now I think it's young too. Heck, I'm even thinking that 60's are young, considering that my mom is 78 and travels the world with her friends.

Yep, I'm still a tomboy. You all are watching Desperate Housewives and I'm watching the Seahawks' game!

Guest Robbin

:P Omggawwwwd, Celia, what is this??!!! I thought treads were on tires, lol --kidding--I do typos too, it comes with age.

Weeel, hmmm, toenails, I always wear taupe toenail polish since I love sandals and it goes with everything nicely.

Btw-I am not forty-something--I am 39 + 6, as you know, Celia, lol.

Fingernails--omg, I HAD some and they all broke off. It was the first time EVER that they all grew long together and one by one broke, but I am hopeful still, sigh.

Is the ROC cream I see advertised anything like this Tazorac miracle stuff? I am getting eye wrinkles from all the eye swelling and squinting I have had over the past year. I escaped them for years and now am shocked!! Any advice on swelling welcome!! I have used the cucumbers, tea bags, ice cubes, but NOT frozen spinach, lol. (Hey, maybe that is why celia looks so DARN FANTASTIC, darn her, lol) Celia, you are so beautiful outside, but even more inside. You make us all smile and that is a huge talent.

Laura, Welcome to wonderful fantastic, horribly expensive-but-worth-it Northern Virginia!!! I am in Winchester!!! Fairfax is waaay expensive and so much traffic!! Lots of great places in the area to visit for day tripping. My hubby commutes to your area. Long drive, but beautiful scenery. Yeah, I know, I do go on too much about VA....I can't help myself, lol

Hmmm, gray is the new blonde????Forty is the new 20???? Girls, we are in the prime of our lives!!!!! Now, if I could only get the body energized enough to actually believe that one, lol.

Well, Victor Hugo (he wrote Les Miserables) said once, "Forty is the old age of youth, but fifty is the youth of old age". So there, that makes me young again, who wants to be forty! :unsure:

Now, if only I could get this ridiculous adrenal burnout under control and have some energy, I could believe it.

Hi girl's:

Just got back from my mom's and saw the arguing thread, then saw all of you and felt glad to be home! I am 49 for 9 more days :D:D

Guest Robbin
:D That is great--go Bears!! and the most wonderful college team in the land--OHIO STATE BEAT IOWA last night!!!! Still number one!!!!