Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennyj

Still Very Ill

I wrote a few days ago that I had been severly ill. I went to the doctor yeterday and today. I haven't eaten for 5 days and am still sipping some fluids. He said my hemoglobin is 10. I have had since Monday (sorry a little gross) very watery black stools. I had to take specimens in today and am waiting to hear the results. He started me on Promethazine tonight and did more blood work today. I am just so tired and want to know what is going on. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers so I can start to feel better.

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I sorry to hear that you have been ill, I hope they can find some answers for you and that you feel better soon.

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

I am sorry you are so sick. That is miserable. I hope they figure out what it is soon, so you will feel better!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Monica

If you are not eating, please drink lots of fluids...gatoraid is good. It could be just a flu bug. But, never the less keep hydrated.

Check in soon.

Lisa

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I'm sorry you're sick :(

The promethazine (phenergan) will help you get relief, though.

I hope they figure out what's wrong soon, gluten is often not the/only problem.

Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy

We'll all float on, alright

Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

I hope they quickly solve this problem for you. Thoughts and prayers.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Sorry you are so ill. Please make sure you get your liquids if you can't eat.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way. :)

Post when you can.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

hi

i hope you feel better :(

also pedialyte is good for dehyrdation and is gluten free! you can get it at cvs.

-Jess

Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac

years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

Thank you for all the kind thoughts and words. I still haven't heard from the doctor on my specimens or my blood work. It is so frustrating to sit and wait for them to call. I did manage to eat a little rice last night. I will keep you all updated. Thanks again for the support, it really helps.

jennyj

Hypoglecemia 2000

My doctor's nurse finally called. She said that what she could tell me is that my iron level that was supposed to be between 15 and 55 was at 9. My hemoglobin had dropped below 10 and my hematacrit?? was at 20 something ( I do not remember) My stool tests came back negative for salmonella, e coli, and parasites. It did show signs of blood loss (duh). I am scheduled to do another IV iron infusion on Monday. She said there is a bad stomach flu going around and with my system already injured that this really got to me. I did eat some potato soup broth tonight and so far so good. Thanks again

jennyj

Hypoglecemia 2000

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope they find a solution for you soon!

Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005

Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005

Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006