Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkmunchkin

Keith Olbermann

Just found out that not only does Keith Olbermann have celiac but he went to school down the street from me. LOL!!

http://www.answers.com/topic/keith-olbermann

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Just found out that not only does Keith Olbermann have celiac but he went to school down the street from me. LOL!!

http://www.answers.com/topic/keith-olbermann

I've always enjoyed him. Now i like him even more :P

Richard

"Not all who wander are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Diagnosed 3/8/05

Sister also Celiac

Risus remedium optimum est

I love getting little "nuggets" like this! Thanks

Hey Jillian! :)

Yep, he has long been a known Celiac. He even does some charity stuff...I forget what it was...and his donation went to one of the Celiac groups. Yay Celiacs!

yeah it's good to see someone with celiac on tv and I think he should talk about it more.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Keith Olberman is the A-NUMBER ONE REASON my son is gluten-free and no longer miserable. I know I've posted this before, but for those of you who don't know.........

My husband and I were watching MSNBC one night during the Michael Jackson trial. Keith Olberman was auctioning off these ridiculously, stupid-funny tounge depressor puppets he used to depict the trial on a daily basis. (It was so stupid it was funny! :)) Anyway, at the end of one of his shows he mentioned that all proceeds from the E-Bay auction would be donated to one of the Celiac Disease foundations. We had never heard of it before so we googled Celiac Disease. We were truly at a loss for words when we read about it. I vividly remember saying to my husband, "My God, this sounds like Zachary." Fast forward....Zachary has now been 100% gluten-free since March 2006 and has done a complete 180. He doesn't have a single, solitary god-awful symptom that he suffered from for two years and his behavior is that of a typical 3 1/2 year-old. Talk about being at the right place at the right time....

**PS--The "highly respected" pediatric GI we took Zachary to *emphatically* told us his issues had "nothing to do with his diet" and the relationship to removing gluten and his behavior was "purely coincidental". :huh: He felt we were probably givng him too much fiber (whole grains) and it was probably making him gassy/crampy and giving him diarreah.

~Kristy~

Zachary (5 y/o son) -negative labs, no biopsy, gluten-free diet 3/06 with amazing results

*Enterolab testing: auto-immune response, main-Celiac gene/HLA-DQ 2, non-Celiac gluten sensitivity gene/HLA-DQ 3

"Congratulations!

Today is your day.

You're off to Great Places!

You're off and away!"

--Oh The Places You'll Go

by Dr. Seuss