This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Body Shape

JerryK

JerryK Community Regular

This is exactly what my dad's body shape was....aside from the little kid head. Huge pot belly, hard as rock...no butt. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a point of conversation. j

celiac.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JerryK Community Regular
This is exactly what my dad's body shape was....aside from the little kid head. Huge pot belly, hard as rock...no butt. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a point of conversation. j

celiac.webp

I guess go to this link... Celiac Body Shape

emcmaster Collaborator

That looks like ME, except for the boy parts, before I went gluten-free!

Robiond19 Newbie
I guess go to this link... Celiac Body Shape

I can't beleive it, that is exactly how I look most of the time. I am 160 lbs and work out 5 days a week, in fact I have been training for a Triathlon but I keep asking how come I have his beer belly. It seems impossible, last week we measured my belly at 38", I normally wear a 31-32" jean size .I just went today for a an small bowel biposy, have to wait two weeks for the results, hope I have an answer.

Rob

Anonymousgurl Contributor

It used to be worse...but I still kinda look like that :( I'm super underweight, but sometimes I get so bloated I look a tad bit pregnant. Then when I wasn't working out, that was EXACTLY what my butt looked like (I hate to admit it, lol).

How do you guys deal with this???

Viola 1 Rookie

Yes, That's the common body shape sitting in this chair too :lol: I think we are just going to have to learn to live with it ... Some days it's better than others, but always there.

JerryK Community Regular

Well, this isn't me yet...at least not all the way there <_<

Anyone else know of any more data pertaining to Celiac Body shape? I find this interesting and I'd like to learn more about exactly WHY this happens. j

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

prinsessa Contributor

This is how my son looks. He is looking better now that he is gluten free. His legs are starting to fatten up a little bit and his belly isn't as big as before.

emcmaster Collaborator

IMO, if you still look like that after you've been gluten-free for a while, you probably have secondary intolerances. Until November, fat and dairy did that to me too. Now the only time I look like that is if I've been glutened or somehow got really C.

Lisa Mentor

One of the symptoms of celiac is loss of padding of the butt and also on the bottom of the feet.

I have no bottom and most of the time I have to sit on pillows. With no padding, I can get terrible back aches because of the compression of the spine.

I also awake in the morning with leg aches from no padding on my feet.

It is really hard to build up muscle. I guess I just need botox for my buttock.

Viola 1 Rookie
One of the symptoms of celiac is loss of padding of the butt and also on the bottom of the feet.

I have no bottom and most of the time I have to sit on pillows. With no padding, I can get terrible back aches because of the compression of the spine.

:lol: Your right, I always have hated wood chairs without lots of padding! I've heard they give butt lifts these days, but haven't heard of botox!

Electra Enthusiast

Nope that's not me at all. I have 4 kids and the first thing to always go flat is my stomach. My butt, hips and theighs on the other hand are reletively LARGE LOL!!

lonewolf Collaborator

Wow - that looks just like my dad used to look (I think, I always saw him with clothes on). Luckily, I have a little bit more female shape than that.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Just before my hubby got dx with celiac disease he found it highly painful to stand as his feet hurt so much - and the lack of padding in the butt area led to bed sores (ouch!)

His bodyshape is slightly better now (60 pounds heavier after 2 yrs gluten-free) but does still kind of have those proportions.

My son (who was only dx in Oct 06) has the same bodyshape.

Skinny arms, bloated belly ,flat butt!

Lisa Mentor
Just before my hubby got dx with celiac disease he found it highly painful to stand as his feet hurt so much - and the lack of padding in the butt area led to bed sores (ouch!)

His bodyshape is slightly better now (60 pounds heavier after 2 yrs gluten-free) but does still kind of have those proportions.

My son (who was only dx in Oct 06) has the same bodyshape.

Skinny arms, bloated belly ,flat butt!

Yup, that's me. If I could turn my torso around l80 degrees, I'd have a pretty darn good figure. :P

Gentleheart Enthusiast

I have never heard that about the padding on the feet. I couldn't figure out why the bottoms of my feet hurt so much lately. Where did you hear that and why does it happen? Anyone know?

Electra Enthusiast
I have never heard that about the padding on the feet. I couldn't figure out why the bottoms of my feet hurt so much lately. Where did you hear that and why does it happen? Anyone know?

It happens to me too. I can't stand still because of it. I'm ok if I sway back and forth, but standing still causes me pain. My heals are often very sore even when I put then on a pillow. Just to rest them on something is very painful. The good news is that my pain is not half as bad since going gluten free and having my leg numbness and tingling disappear!!

Guhlia Rising Star

That's interesting about the feet. I've always found that within minutes of walking my feet are getting sore already. It usually only takes an hour before I'm in real pain. I guess maybe that's why. I always just thought I never had good shoes. Lately though, I've been buying really good shoes and I still have this problem.

Lisa Mentor

While I was looking into this thing called Celiac Disease that I was told I have----a while ago. :) ,

it showed up quite often as symptoms. I do recall it in several of the book that I purchased.

If there is a need for the exact reference, I will try to do that tomorrow.

I would assume that it could be googled.

Yeah, buttless, Lisa

lonewolf Collaborator

No way! The first sign that I had that something was wrong with me was pain in my feet and the feeling that I had no padding. It's gone now (almost 11 years after eliminating wheat and being extremely gluten "light"), but I still remember that awful feeling. I had to wear aqua socks in the shower for a long time because I couldn't stand barefoot.

jesscarmel Enthusiast

i have the flattest butt ever, skinny minny arms and a bigger tummy :(

i like the arms but not the belly

JerryK Community Regular

I guess I just need botox for my buttock.

:) Good one.

I'd like to know WHY these two symptoms occur...I'm really curious. If anyone out there is savvy, lay it on us. Tx j B)

prinsessa Contributor
Nope that's not me at all. I have 4 kids and the first thing to always go flat is my stomach. My butt, hips and theighs on the other hand are reletively LARGE LOL!!

I'm the same way. I never had a flat butt and never will. People always tell me I never need to lose weight because my stomach is pretty flat, but what about my big butt? I'm not overweight, but I would like to lose a couple of pounds in the thigh/butt area.

Yenni Enthusiast

I was reading in Dangerous Grains last night and it talked about a typical shape of the face too. Big forhead and narrow chin. Triangle shaped face.

My stomach is on the bigger/swollen side, but I have a round rear end and never had the foot padding thingy I don't think.

My grandma (who had LOTS and LOTS of stomach problems during her life and eventually died from them) kinda looked like that though. BIG stomach, no butt.

Lisa Mentor
:) Good one.

I'd like to know WHY these two symptoms occur...I'm really curious. If anyone out there is savvy, lay it on us. Tx j B)

Deleted by author

Archived