Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't have anemia or any nutitional defincies, but I feel so tired and lethargic after lunch around 2:00 and it lasts almost until i go to bed.........anyone else feel this way. I never used to get so exhausted after lunch. I get really sleepy and kind of dizzy.

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know too much about it, but perhaps your blood sugars many be off. Hypoglycemic.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I don't have anemia or any nutitional defincies, but I feel so tired and lethargic after lunch around 2:00 and it lasts almost until i go to bed.........anyone else feel this way. I never used to get so exhausted after lunch. I get really sleepy and kind of dizzy.

I never came up as anemic, but my B12 was low. I was taking supplements for that for a month and still feeling like you described. Then wham!, did a blood test and doc called me 2 days later at 7 a.m. and told me to get to the emergency room immediately, all my major levels had dropped to critical levels, basically I was absorbing nothing. My electrolyte levels were so low I was in danger of cardiac arrest, which would have been almost fatal since my heart had nothing to power it back up on it's own. Got my levels back up with IV's and that's when they ran the blood panels and biopsies. All positive.

Are you having any other symptoms besides the lethargy? Are you taking any vitamin supplements now? If you are, they may be keeping your levels above water even if you are having some mal-absorption issues. I'd definately keep an eye on your nutrition levels, especially if you are displaying any other effects of celiacs or intolerance.

Don't mean to paint a doomsday scenario, but you don't want that phone call I got. Good luck, stay in touch.

John

positive blood tests 2/07

positive endoscopy 2/07

colonoscopy with benign polyps 2/07

I never came up as anemic, but my B12 was low. I was taking supplements for that for a month and still feeling like you described. Then wham!, did a blood test and doc called me 2 days later at 7 a.m. and told me to get to the emergency room immediately, all my major levels had dropped to critical levels, basically I was absorbing nothing. My electrolyte levels were so low I was in danger of cardiac arrest, which would have been almost fatal since my heart had nothing to power it back up on it's own. Got my levels back up with IV's and that's when they ran the blood panels and biopsies. All positive.

Are you having any other symptoms besides the lethargy? Are you taking any vitamin supplements now? If you are, they may be keeping your levels above water even if you are having some mal-absorption issues. I'd definately keep an eye on your nutrition levels, especially if you are displaying any other effects of celiacs or intolerance.

Don't mean to paint a doomsday scenario, but you don't want that phone call I got. Good luck, stay in touch.

I had blood tests ran and all my levels are good.........protein, hemoglobin, etc. Im stooped.

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

I had blood tests ran and all my levels are good.........protein, hemoglobin, etc. Im stooped.

Well, that's good. I'd just make sure you keep on eye on those levels, mine were all ok too and then just went into the basement. Hope you get something figured out soon, I know how horrible it is to drag thru the afternoon.

John

positive blood tests 2/07

positive endoscopy 2/07

colonoscopy with benign polyps 2/07