Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

de caps

Low Gluten Communion Hosts?

CarlaB

Where did you buy your chalice. I went to a Catholic supply store today.

All of there chalices were over $200 . Is that a good price?

Please let me know. Thank you.

I bought a small one ... it's larger than a traveling chalice (which is no bigger than a shot glass), but much smaller than a regular one. I think mine was about $80. You might ask to see a catalog to see if you can order a smaller one.

I bought a small one ... it's larger than a traveling chalice (which is no bigger than a shot glass), but much smaller than a regular one. I think mine was about $80. You might ask to see a catalog to see if you can order a smaller one.

Thanks CarlaB

Hi..I belong to St. Agnes cathedral in Rockville Centre and they have gluten-free host (my mom asked). I haven't been to that church since being gluten-free, so I can't tell you for sure. Perhaps you can call...

Good Luck.

I belong to St. Frances in Wantagh. I was told they can only offer the low gluten host.

Are you sure it is gluten-free?

Donna

I belong to St. Frances in Wantagh. I was told they can only offer the low gluten host.

Are you sure it is gluten-free?

Donna

This is the Bishop's official statement on wheat in hosts. There are priests who don't follow Church teaching on this, just like some don't follow Church teaching on other things. The thing is, a rice host cannot be consecrated even if the priest is willing to use it.

http://www.nccbuscc.org/liturgy/celiasprue.shtml

They sound very beautiful, I have never seen one up close since only the priest gets the wine in our church. Are they just a solid color or are there designs.

Mine is gold. I think it's actually gold plated, not brass. It is very pretty!

Have you spoken with your priest? Most are willing to accomodate.