Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeoffCJ

Does This Look Safe?

my lips are chapped from hiking this weekend. I've been using this all day, and have a splitting headache, but that could easily be the lack of sleep I've had over the last few days.

here are the ingredients:

octinoxate, oxybenzone, petroltum

aloe, cetyl alcohol, flavor, isopropyl lanolate, Isopropyl Myristrate, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, Propylparaben, Stearic Acid, Vitamen E, Waxes

OMG I have the world's most sensitive lips (except for my late father, who ordered CASES of Roger and Gallet Lip Balm from france (via our neighborhood drug store) his entire life....but in my lifetime, I"ve used lipsticks etc. that actually made my lips CRACK and BLEED after just one or two days' use...:huh:

the only thing I can use without irritation (over my lipstick) is Bag Balm - you know that stuff for cows' udders in the green square tin sold at drug stores. Try it - it's soothing!

:)

Cool. Thanks everyone. I haven't had any stomach issues, so I'm hoping I'm just tired and that's causing the headache.

I'll buy some gluten-free stuff for next time. I have a pile (literally, probably 30+) things of lip stuff, all with company names on it from when I worked in the outdoor industry. Seemed to be the popular giveaway at tradeshows. I just grabbed one, and didn't even think about the ingredients until the headache hit. Silly me!

Geoff