Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

Ricera Yogurt Is Back!

Yeah! :D My daughter loves it and Im so glad its back since they changed the formula. For anyone who is not aware of it its a gluten free, casein free, soy free yogurt.

I'm going to go and look for that! I haven't been able to have a yogurt in ages!! (I can't have gluten, dairy, or soy either!) Thank you for posting this! :D

Yeah! :D My daughter loves it and Im so glad its back since they changed the formula. For anyone who is not aware of it its a gluten free, casein free, soy free yogurt.

were can I find this stuff, i would love it.

paula

You can buy it at whole foods but I just ordered from our local health food store since they give us 20% off if you order a case. A case of it is only 12 yogurts. They are like a gelatin consistency (rice being a very strong starch) and they use brown rice so its a tan color so it may not look exactly like its counterpart but it does taste very good. My daughter loves the strawberry flavor.

I feel so limited being a gluten free vegetarian its nice to have some variety.

thanks ill call our local health food store on monday and ssee if they can get me some, i know i saw a place online that sold it that says 1.52 a 6 ounce container, is that about the going price for it. I know i wont mind the gelatin texture, it has been so long i dont care, as long as i can eat yogurt and i seen how it has some really good probotics to it, so im thrilled, now to see if i can get some lol

paula

thanks ill call our local health food store on monday and ssee if they can get me some, i know i saw a place online that sold it that says 1.52 a 6 ounce container, is that about the going price for it. I know i wont mind the gelatin texture, it has been so long i dont care, as long as i can eat yogurt and i seen how it has some really good probotics to it, so im thrilled, now to see if i can get some lol

paula

I get them for 1.25 at my super expensive health food store. I highly recommend staying away from the vanilla flavor. Peach and blueberry have much better textures.

Paula- Weird thing, I just talked to my mom. She was at whole foods and couldn't find ricera. They told her that they wouldnt be carrying it since they didnt have a big enough demand. I love the probiotics in it too. My cost at our local health food store was $1.25 a yogurt also but with the 20% it turned out to be a really good price. I would also call a few stores to see if you can get a discount per case ordered.

Mango- Thanks for the information regarding the peach and blueberry as I just ordered a peach case. What is wrong with the vanilla flavor. Is it just a texture thing? Is it really sweet? I was hoping to use it maybe as a base for salad dressings instead of using tofu all the time.

Mango- Thanks for the information regarding the peach and blueberry as I just ordered a peach case. What is wrong with the vanilla flavor. Is it just a texture thing? Is it really sweet? I was hoping to use it maybe as a base for salad dressings instead of using tofu all the time.

Yeah it's the texture. It has a chunky gelatin thing going on. I literally spit it out after taking a bite. I think all flavors are waaaayyyy too sweet, but so far blueberry is the best sweetness-wise (I don't like sweet things though). If you try vanilla and use it successfully in a recipe, let me know. I was hoping to do that too :) (but gave up after attempting to eat it LOL)

Yeah it's the texture. It has a chunky gelatin thing going on. I literally spit it out after taking a bite. I think all flavors are waaaayyyy too sweet, but so far blueberry is the best sweetness-wise (I don't like sweet things though). If you try vanilla and use it successfully in a recipe, let me know. I was hoping to do that too :) (but gave up after attempting to eat it LOL)

I like the sweetness but I have big sweet tooth! I would probably thin it down and blend it. If I get good ones I'll pm you.