Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jewi0008

Protein!

Hello!

I am really into health/fitness/body building. I am trying to get very, very lean while adding a lot of muscle. I am having a ton of problems with it, though, because of the Protein Factor. I used to always be able to put 100% Whey Protein into everything, but now that I cannot have dairy,cassein, wheat,gluten this is a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know of any protein powders I could have? A girl can only eat so much chicken,turkey,fish,ect.

Thanks!

I am intolerant to gluten, dairy and soy. Kind of lets out most all protein powders until I discovered Hemp Protein Powder and Hemp Milk. I put the powder into baked goods and smoothies and use the milk as a dairy replacement. I personally thought the powder in a shake by itself was nasty but with fruit and stuff added was really palateable.

I bought some rice protein powder. Haven't figured out yet how to use it though. I don't do smoothies. Daughter likes them though and I make her some with hemp protein powder in them. I also do chia seeds and sprouts for protein.

You should be able to get egg protein powder just like the whey. You could go to the GNC website and search their proteins. I did that the other day and they have some that are from goat's milk and some that are from egg whites.

I make rice protein smoothies with fruit in them. I use almond or soy milk as a base. I use Nutribiotic (vegan) rice protein--you could check out www.nutribiotic.com if a local store doesn't have it.

I am intolerant to gluten, dairy and soy. Kind of lets out most all protein powders until I discovered Hemp Protein Powder and Hemp Milk. I put the powder into baked goods and smoothies and use the milk as a dairy replacement. I personally thought the powder in a shake by itself was nasty but with fruit and stuff added was really palateable.

I tried the hemp seeds and hemp shake from Nutiva (http://nutiva.com/). I would confirm with the company that its free of your allergens, because this was before I was on a gluten free diet. The ingredients look okay though. I got this from GNC and with their gold card discount, it wasn't that pricey. I made the recipe that they have on the amazon acai hemp shake product page. It wasn't bad.

Kevin

I'm in the same boat -- no gluten or dairy, but a serious weight trainer.

I've been using Nutrabiotic Rice Protein. Whole Foods carries it. It tastes nasty, but it doesn't make me sick.