Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest thatchickali

Hormel Natural Choice

Guest thatchickali

It's labelled Gluten Free, I've been sick everyday since I went gluten free and I've also been eating the Hormel Natural Choice Chicken everyday too.

Trying to find out what's keeping me sick and was wondering if anyone eats this, or has had CC problems with it??

I would not touch the Hormel Natural Choice again. I am one of the most sensitive celiacs and get DH when exposed to gluten, so my body knows there is gluten in something even when my stomach feels okay. Every time I eat Hormel Natural Choice I get DH. So I have sworn off it.

I was eating their bacon which said gluten free and also their lunch meat. So I don't know if it was either the bacon or the lunch meat, but apparently there is some cross contamination in some of their products. Maybe it was just the bacon, I don't know.

DH has helped me to know which things that say gluten-free are not truly gluten-free.

Thanks.

We buy the Hormel Natural Choice turkey lunch meat regularly and DD has never had a problem with it. Hormel is great with labeling (and I think their web site lists gluten free products as well). We use the turkey a few times a week in DDs lunch--I make her homemade lunchables w/ Glutino crackers and Kraft Cracker Stacker cheese.

I haven't bought the chicken chunks yet but I'm planning on trying them. They would be a nice protein add-in for the days I make DD salad.

We buy the Hormel Natural Choice turkey lunch meat regularly and DD has never had a problem with it. Hormel is great with labeling (and I think their web site lists gluten free products as well). We use the turkey a few times a week in DDs lunch--I make her homemade lunchables w/ Glutino crackers and Kraft Cracker Stacker cheese.

I haven't bought the chicken chunks yet but I'm planning on trying them. They would be a nice protein add-in for the days I make DD salad.

I'll take a homemade lunchable....I am hungry and they sound so good!