Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I always buy the Kinnitoos, but the other day at the store, I saw they also had Mi-Del and they were $2/pack cheaper than the Kinnitoos . . . are the Mi-Del "oreos" as good as the Kinnitoos?? It would be nice since they are so much cheaper, but I sure love my Kinnitoos since they taste so close to the real Oreos.

Thanks!

Lisa

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" -St. Augustine

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I personally hated the Mi-Del brand. My husband didn't really care for them either.

Hope that helps! Tephie

I always buy the Kinnitoos, but the other day at the store, I saw they also had Mi-Del and they were $2/pack cheaper than the Kinnitoos . . . are the Mi-Del "oreos" as good as the Kinnitoos?? It would be nice since they are so much cheaper, but I sure love my Kinnitoos since they taste so close to the real Oreos.

Thanks!

Positive for dermatitis herpetiformis via skin biopsy and blood tests 6/21/07

Gluten free since 6/25/07

Join eNewsletter

We hate the mi-del ones. My kids call them hockey pucks! Kinni-toos are soooo much better.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

I can't do chocolate but I do the Vanilla midel ones with cream in the middle. They taste nothing like golden oreos, but I did like them because they are a good sugar fix.

I would say just buy it and see what you think!

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."

Join eNewsletter

IMHO the K-toos are much, much better than the Midel ones. However, if you happen to be lucky enough to get a super fresh pack of Midel ones they're not bad. I've only ever had one bag though that wasn't hard as a brick. My DH likes the mint ones, but only because Kinnikinnick doesn't make one with mint cream. :)

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

LOL! I'm laughing because Mi Del Cookies were one of the first gluten free foods I tried. OMGosh, I could not even bite through them. My whole family (not gluten free) tried them and my kids felt terrible for me because that was the kind of food mom had to eat.

So, it's nice to know the K-toos are better in case I ever want to try again! :P

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter