Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know if Almond and Peppermint extracts would be gluten-free? McCormick? Another brand?

Thanks!

Amy

Gluten Free since 4/05 - adult onset

Symptoms for 4+ years prior

Immediate family tests negative

No Known family members w/ celiac disease

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

At both Giant and Wegmans in Harrisburg (I see you are in Central PA) there are natural/organic extracts and they say gluten free on the bottle. I am not sure the name of the company, but I have seen them.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Dear amybeth,

Durkee has all gluten-free liquid extracts and food colorings. At least, they were the last I checked. That worked out well, since we always have used Durkee! Pure vanilla is better than immitation. I always prefer the pure stuff when I can get it. Happy baking! ;)

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. You may want to check circulars now, since they are on sale. Stores have big baking sales during this and the week prior to Thanksgiving. That way, you have it on hand for months to come in case ingredients change. Also, you pay less. Even if you do not get the paper, you can find circulars online by going to the company Website. Type in your zipcode, and it will provide the local ad! It also does not hurt to check CVS and Walgreens for these brands. They often have them cheaper.

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter